GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
My Dad and Uncle have a race car together, and they drag race. My Dad knows that I hate the engine in my Equinox. He always reminds me that you could time the 0 to 60 time with a calendar instead of a stop watch. :)

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here is the link to the Car and Driver story'https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/terrain
this is the most in depth review I have seen for capacities, and specs OF THE 2018 2.0lTR AWD.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Here is the link to the Car and Driver story'https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/terrain
this is the most in depth review I have seen for capacities, and specs OF THE 2018 2.0lTR AWD.
Learned a new fact. You get bigger brakes wth the 2.0.

Link for the article
https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/terrain

Looks like the 132 mph Top Speed is governor limited.

Reactions: JTNJ

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Test results for Equinox with 2.0 AWD
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-chevrolet-equinox-20t-awd-test-review

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 6.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 17.1 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 39.8 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 7.0 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 15.1 sec @ 94 mph
Top speed (gov limited): 130 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 167 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.85 g*

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA combined/city/hwy: 24/22/28 mpg
Observed: 22 mpg
Curb weight: 3778 lb

Test results for Terrain with 2.0 AWD

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 6.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 17.7 sec
Zero to 120 mph: 30.9 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 7.1 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.3 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 4.7 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 15.3 sec @ 93 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 132 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 169 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.82 g

EPA FUEL ECONOMY:
Combined/city/highway: 23/21/26 mpg
Observed: 18 mpg
Curb weight: 3897 lb

Reactions: JTNJ

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
While we're on the topic, I hit 115 with a 66 GTO on an on-ramp onto the highway ! I have gone faster, but not on on-ramps ! Ah, to be young and foolish.
The goat! Back in a time where auto manufactures *understated* the engine power to save you insurance money.

I think I hit like 108 MPH in my old 2014 Nox before the governor kicked in. It was a cool summer night merging onto an empty interstate. I haven't really been so lucky with my 2017 to see what it hits.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
. I haven't really been so lucky with my 2017 to see what it hits.
Car and Driver shows 131 mph for a 2013 with the 3.6.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i did 100 mph in my 2012 3.0 v6 awd with 5 guys in michigan en route to chicago lol

PEOPLE WERE STILL PASSING ME

the nox held up great though! no problems at all.

99% of the time i am a grandpa driver my wife says lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it was 93 mph... in my 2013 Nox with the 3.6L V6.

It was by accident.
Nox was fairly new to me.
Hopped on the onramp---... and accelerated to get on the highway....
when I looked down--- HOLY POOP... 93..... and backed off the gas.

the 3.6/NOX, felt alot different than the 3.6/Traverse.

It sure didnt feel like 93.... the engine was not even struggling....
The 3.6l by tops out at 112 mph... govenor kicks in.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Idk but the acceleration is great on my 2.4 it's funny when people try and race I floor it from a stop it just gets it idk but mines a little modified racing pistons and rings- performance rod bearings I don't have the blow by problems it seemed to add some hp. Built the motor up myself and removed some dead weight.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Somebody say race in the Nox?! 😎
Oh, and for the record, the other mod I wasn’t able to mention was an IPF tune...I had to wait until warranty was up before I wanted to reveal that tidbit of info...I’m at 138K miles now, well out of warranty....

·
Registered
745 Posts
That's pretty impressive I sunk enough money into the motor eventually I said im not going to spend another dime on it but a tune is pretty tempting along with a cold air intake and exhaust :unsure: i'm thinking with the gear ratio of my car it wouldn't really make a difference in beetween stoplights stock i get 180+hp 170 torque it doesn't seem too crazy but with all the usual 2.4 problems its awesome to have one actually built up I can floor it for days and it runs great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
130 mph 18 2.0t. Limiter shuts is down.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
You heard that from a friend, right?

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have to admit this is a question I would not expect on any CUV forum. What does it matter what the top speed is? If you plan on approaching it in a CUV then you need some education on car dynamics and why it is a risk not worth taking if you plan to explore this limit. There are a select few CUVs that have been designed for 100+mph. I'm thinking along the lines of the Porsche Cayenne or Lambo Urus. I leave my high speed hijinks to my Mustang.

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
3.6 LFX V6 is same as Camaro V6 of the same year, add 20” Camaro rims with Z speed rated tires, and voila, an SUV Camaro 🤔😉

...think Mustang Mach-E... 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
214 Posts
You are forgetting the center of gravity and mass. A Nox on camaro wheels does not make a car that should be going 130+ as the camaro is capable of. It is one thing to be able to reach those speeds but another to be safe doing it.
Don't get me started on the Mach-E. Would be fine it it was 1500 lbs lighter and had better rubber but has neither of those two things. The CG should be fine though with the heavy battery down in the floor but controlling that weight will always be a problem.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts