GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Does zMax is a gimmick or a really good product ?

• Gimmick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very good product

• Useless

• I don't know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have to admit I was a sucker and tried it in a few vehicles. No change in temps or MPG :mad:

·
Registered
441 Posts
snake oil....stay far away

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im not sure it will hurt anything. I dont think it will help either though. I tend to avoid products that are questionable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you know i was sceptical too, but started using it in my fleet of 1/2 ton pickups at work. We used to have them in for unscheduled service for various reasons regarding injectors, valves, etc. Most of my fleet of Ford's and Chev's are over 250k kms, so i started dropping in ZMAX into the older ones. We added to the engine and fuel system. I will be submitting my 2010 budget, and i can honestly say that my overall repair budget in 2010 was 30% less than 2009, and no new vehicles were purchased. We even noticed a slight (8%) average on fuel economy. The oldest truck, a 1999 Chev silverado had 323k kms on it, and still runs fine. Before we put ZMAX in it, it used to 'tick' a lot, which would suggest lifters. That noise hasn't come back, and it also stopped burning oil to boot.

i think at my first oil change on my NOX, i will be adding it. Like some said, it can't hurt, and i have only seen positive side effects at work.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input, i also think i'm gonna try it. Nothing to loose except a couple of dollars.

KANWAR said:
you know i was sceptical too, but started using it in my fleet of 1/2 ton pickups at work. We used to have them in for unscheduled service for various reasons regarding injectors, valves, etc. Most of my fleet of Ford's and Chev's are over 250k kms, so i started dropping in ZMAX into the older ones. We added to the engine and fuel system. I will be submitting my 2010 budget, and i can honestly say that my overall repair budget in 2010 was 30% less than 2009, and no new vehicles were purchased. We even noticed a slight (8%) average on fuel economy. The oldest truck, a 1999 Chev silverado had 323k kms on it, and still runs fine. Before we put ZMAX in it, it used to 'tick' a lot, which would suggest lifters. That noise hasn't come back, and it also stopped burning oil to boot.

i think at my first oil change on my NOX, i will be adding it. Like some said, it can't hurt, and i have only seen positive side effects at work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Thanks for your input, i also think i'm gonna try it. Nothing to loose except a couple of dollars.
No problem, just picked some Zmax up yesterday, just waiting for my first oil change and will dump it in. I got the oil and fuel treatment set.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Is it required in the manual? I thought I read somewhere about not putting additives in the oil. Can't remember if it was the Terrain manual or one of my other manuals.

Does anyone remember STP? Fantastic commercials....good old Andy G.

Never heard of it before. If I had to make a decision one way or the other, I'd stay away from it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GARYD said:
Is it required in the manual? I thought I read somewhere about not putting additives in the oil. Can't remember if it was the Terrain manual or one of my other manuals.

Does anyone remember STP? Fantastic commercials....good old Andy G.

Never heard of it before. If I had to make a decision one way or the other, I'd stay away from it.
nope, not required in the manual, and YES i do remember STP! used to put that stuff in my first car, years ago...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts