GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello gang,

After about 7 weeks of waiting, my 2010 cardinal red metallic AWD LTZ, 18" wheels, rear-entertainment system, NOX has arrived!!!! It is so pretty I am a bit hesitant to drive it. But it is sweet. In fact, it looks very similar to the one on the top of this page!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Congrats... To drive is to enjoy so don't keep it parked for too long.

Top of the page? I see a carbon black Terrain SLT-2.... just like mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Congrats!!! Don't let her sit too long - I've had mine just three days, and I gotta tell you, driving is fun again!!! Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
SnowItch said:
Know what, you're right. I didn't feel it was right to boil my joy of owning a $30,000+ vehicle to such a simple feeling, but that it the crux of what I feel. Driving isn't a chore when I get in the Nox - it's fun!
AGREEEEEE!!! It has put teh fun back into driving!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
dm2010nox said:
hello gang,

After about 7 weeks of waiting, my 2010 cardinal red metallic AWD LTZ, 18" wheels, rear-entertainment system, NOX has arrived!!!! It is so pretty I am a bit hesitant to drive it. But it is sweet. In fact, it looks very similar to the one on the top of this page!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congrats dm2010nox!
By the # of smilies in your post, I'd guess you're one happy camper!

Here's a little tip, take lots of pictures so you can look at your new ride in the house, at work, etc, etc.
That way you won't freeze outside sitting in it or walking around it!

J/K, do whatever makes you happy and enjoy your new 'Nox!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
dm2010nox said:
hello gang,

After about 7 weeks of waiting, my 2010 cardinal red metallic AWD LTZ, 18" wheels, rear-entertainment system, NOX has arrived!!!! It is so pretty I am a bit hesitant to drive it. But it is sweet. In fact, it looks very similar to the one on the top of this page!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I know EXACTLY how you feel. The weather in Ohio has been a mix of snow, slush and rock salt. Every time I take the Nox out of the garage I can't bring myself to put it back without washing it. It's too cold to hand wash and I won't run a jet black car through a brush type car wash so it's $9 bucks for an automatic touchless spray wash.

This must be how they get ya. The vehicle's price is a GREAT DEAL... it's the car washes that kill ya! ;D

Sometimes I just go out into my garage an stare at it for a while. It's like owning a Porsche Cayenne that gets really great gas mileage! 8) I almost bought a used Porsche Cayenne last year but the 14mpg city 20mpg highway on Premium fuel sorta takes the shine off it's coolness factor. Glad I waited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got this gizmo called a microfiber mop ($10 at autozone), or something, that is basically a 5-foot stick with a microfiber mop head. I can wash the whole NOX in about 2 minutes without getting my hands wet.

I wouldn't run any color car through any car wash. Those high-pressure spray ones seem pretty harsh, but I guess I don't know specifically the type of wash that you are going to. If you've found one that washes gently, and effectively, without stripping was/dulling finish, I'd be interested in learning about that.

I have also found that waxing a brand-new finish is interesting. The wax seems to stick better than the finish on older cars that i have had. At least the first coat. the second and third coats are like usual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
dm2010nox said:
I got this gizmo called a microfiber mop ($10 at autozone), or something, that is basically a 5-foot stick with a microfiber mop head. I can wash the whole NOX in about 2 minutes without getting my hands wet.

I wouldn't run any color car through any car wash. Those high-pressure spray ones seem pretty harsh, but I guess I don't know specifically the type of wash that you are going to. If you've found one that washes gently, and effectively, without stripping was/dulling finish, I'd be interested in learning about that.

I have also found that waxing a brand-new finish is interesting. The wax seems to stick better than the finish on older cars that i have had. At least the first coat. the second and third coats are like usual.
I have a California Car Duster that you can also buy at auto parts stores but that only works on dust but of course not dried on grime. I started using these on Show Cars @ shows it does a great job for what it is and it does eliminate a lot of washes in the summer.
As far as an automatic car wash that I will (and do) use they are popping up all over (at least here in Ohio). The ones we have here are in the same buildings as the do it yourself hand car washes. You pull in and the whole apparatus is laser guided. It's has no brushes, nothing ever touches your car except for high pressure water & chemicals. If you can imagine a big upside down U wall system that goes back & forth over your car with moving spray heads, twice for the wash & twice for the rinse (it also sprays up from the bottom for the undercarriage spray). Your car sits still while the moving spray machine goes back & forth.
I was very surprised how good of a job it did especially on a jet black vehicle. The science behind it is the first pass uses an excellent prewash solution that really loosens everything off the paint. That allows the wash spray to easily remove the grime. Then the two rinse passes clears even that away. Then the blower comes on and goes over the car twice and you're done. I usually find a water spot or two I shammy just because I'm really picky but for a wash that has no brushes or anything except water & chemicals that touches your car... it's exceptionally great.
I'm guessing that their chemicals are a little harsher than using a hand wash solution but compared to leaving road salt on your paint it's nothing.
On your waxing I find it a little different on the first coat on a new car as well. It's probably just the difference of going over brand new clear coat paint compared to going over oxidized paint with old wax built up etc. I'm big on waxing a new car from the start just for that extra added protection. Best I've ever found is Liquid Lustre. It's a pink show car wax you can buy online.
Good talking with you. Hope this info was helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
topgun said:
As far as an automatic car wash that I will (and do) use they are popping up all over (at least here in Ohio). The ones we have here are in the same buildings as the do it yourself hand car washes. You pull in and the whole apparatus is laser guided. It's has no brushes, nothing ever touches your car except for high pressure water & chemicals. If you can imagine a big upside down U wall system that goes back & forth over your car with moving spray heads, twice for the wash & twice for the rinse (it also sprays up from the bottom for the undercarriage spray). Your car sits still while the moving spray machine goes back & forth.
I was very surprised how good of a job it did especially on a jet black vehicle. The science behind it is the first pass uses an excellent prewash solution that really loosens everything off the paint. That allows the wash spray to easily remove the grime. Then the two rinse passes clears even that away. Then the blower comes on and goes over the car twice and you're done. I usually find a water spot or two I shammy just because I'm really picky but for a wash that has no brushes or anything except water & chemicals that touches your car... it's exceptionally great.
yo, this is interesting, thanks. I guess I've had a bad experience, and now I am afraid to use any kind of carwash. so, do you think that this thing leaves your wax intact?

and yes, the duster is critical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
dm2010nox said:
yo, this is interesting, thanks. I guess I've had a bad experience, and now I am afraid to use any kind of carwash. so, do you think that this thing leaves your wax intact?

and yes, the duster is critical.
Hey I'm just like you bro, very wary. And even worse I'm a black car guy and a jet black car shows everything. When these no touch laser washes first came out I took my wife's brand new white VW Jetta through it severalo times before I even thought about doing my Nox. Yes it's true, I used my wife's brand new car as a Ginny Pig ;D... what can I say I'm an old Show Car/Show Bike guy who's paranoid of car washes! 8)

If I can I still like to hand wash (and I'm sure you know this but just in case anybody reading this doesn't know NEVER USE DISH LIQUID!) Dish liquid is specifically made to cut grease and it will strip your wax.

But if you're in a hurry or it's too cold outside to hand wash I feel perfectly comfortable using these new lasar guided no touch automatic car washes. The $9 kinda puts me off but I'd absolutely rather do that than go through a brush wash (never gonna happen) or even use the hand held soap brush in a do it yourself wash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
topgun said:
When these no touch laser washes first came out I took my wife's brand new white VW Jetta through it severalo times before I even thought about doing my Nox. Yes it's true, I used my wife's brand new car as a Ginny Pig ;D...
LOLOLOLOLOL!!! :D :D :D :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top