GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

Just a curious question :

What is everyone paying for a one year subsciption for satellite radio. Just got renewal email ... $300.00(Canadian $) for two year renewal ... :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just renewed our XM for US$93, taxes included, for 1 year. We bought our 2012 Equinox in September, and let the subscription die. Immediately received 2-3 email per per week from XM, with various offers for renewal. They seemed to get better and better the longer I waited (wonder if I should've waited longer... ;D)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Let mine expire and they offered $25+junk fees for 6 months.
Took it.

Told them I was retired and try to cut back on expenses. Hemmed and hawed over the offer and finally took it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
When my free three month period ran out I got the 5 months for $25 deal, then when that ran out, it took a little arguing and a threat to just cancel my account, but I ended up with a deal for around $83 with taxes included for a year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don B said:
When my free three month period ran out I got the 5 months for $25 deal, then when that ran out, it took a little arguing and a threat to just cancel my account, but I ended up with a deal for around $83 with taxes included for a year.
I got that deal too. $77/year was the deal. After taxes and stuff it was 80-something.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Got mine for $77 plus taxes. I told them a friend of mine got it for that price and that I only listen to 3 stations anyway. They honored the price without any arguments.just have to remember when it runs out to call back in to get same deal otherwise it will automatically charge 1yr at standard price. Their contract terms suck by the way. Auto renewal a must. Fee for cancelling(why a fee if u pay for the year in advance)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm on the $77 deal as well. I also pay by check to I get charged a $2 invoicing fee. I don't want the auto charge my cc at renewal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
tsduke said:
I'm on the $77 deal as well. I also pay by check to I get charged a $2 invoicing fee. I don't want the auto charge my cc at renewal.
Is that a 1 time fee of $2.00? If you pay by check there is no auto renewal?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I said I didn't want to pay by cc and they said that's fine, but a $2 invoicing fee applies. I believe I would pay it every time I renew.

I don't want my cc on file with these crooks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
tsduke said:
I said I didn't want to pay by cc and they said that's fine, but a $2 invoicing fee applies. I believe I would pay it every time I renew.

I don't want my cc on file with these crooks.
There is another way of doing it also, I use a free service called Shop Safe through Bank of America. You go online and set an amount and how long you want the number to be good for and it generates you a one time credit card number complete with security code that only you and the bank knows it's not your real credit card number. I use the service for all online purchases. I think there are other banks that have the same service under different names. I know whatever bank has the Discover Card is one of them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here is a suggestion. If you have a smartphone, I recommend you give TuneIn Radio a try. There is a free version with ads and a pro for a one time fee of $0.99
There are over 50,000 stations, and if you play it from your iPhone it will show all the artist/song info on the car's display

1 - 11 of 11 Posts