GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One month ago they called me offering a "promo" at 144$ + taxes and fees.... I refused... I telled them about the 77$ promotion... The girl almost laught at me. So i left things like that so i can finish my trial period and not renewing.

This morning on the mail, i got a letter from XM with a promotion price at 79,96$ for the first year :)

So my message to everybody, let your trial period finish even if they call you with a supposed to be a promo...

I just took this offre and renewed for 1 year.

Hope this help someone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I renewed like a week before my trial expired and they offered me 5 months for $25 or something like that. The down side of that is that it renews automatically after the 5 months for the current price. But I am going to call them before that and see what we can get done.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TerrainSLE2 said:
I renewed like a week before my trial expired and they offered me 5 months for $25 or something like that. The down side of that is that it renews automatically after the 5 months for the current price. But I am going to call them before that and see what we can get done.
They also called me for that promo, but it was 21$ for 3 months. Make sure it's not that promo...

·
Registered
446 Posts
As many commercials as you hear on some of the better stations any more, they better start lowering the price. :(

·
Registered
977 Posts
If I renew XM I will do so by check so they can't automatocally renew. If you give On-Star a credit card for ANY reason (Like buying the discounted minutes) they will use your charge card to automatically renew.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I already took the $21 for 3 months promo. Then it goes to regular price, at which point, I will threaten to quit. Thanks for the post Supermat64. I will reference that price when I negotiate.

As a side note with On-Star. I had extended the Turn by Turn navigation for one month (used it a lot during my holidays). I called to cancel the turn by turn only (the safe and sound plan is still free for another 10 months) and they immediately offered me 50% off turn by turn. That works out to 8.49 a month (a pint of beer in Mtl) so I took it. It will expire when my safe and sound plan expires at which time I will attempt to negotiate again.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a scan of my promo letters... it's in french but the prices are there.

I erased the promo codes because i think that they are personalized.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I hope I can get a deal like that on XM, NavTraffic, & NavWeather. I read online that the "lifetime" prices just went up $100 a couple of months ago. :-\

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is a very interesting thread because I just bought a new Terrain and pick it up on Monday. My wife asked me if we could continue to use. or transfer, our Sirius lifetime "membership to XM since it's eccentrically the same company. I told her I didn't think so, however, I committed to give them a call to get the "official" position, Anyone have any incite into this, or a similar situation? Thanks in advance for any info, Ron

·
Registered
297 Posts
RSchleder said:
This is a very interesting thread because I just bought a new Terrain ans pick it up on Monday. My wife asked me if we could continue to use. or transfer, our Sirius lifetime "membership to XM since it's eccentrically the same company. I told her I didn't think so, however, I committed to give them a call to get the "official" position, Anyone have any incite into this, or a similar situation? Thanks in advance for any info, Ron
I'm not sure how that's going to work out, but I did find this information on their site. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

9. Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms. Non Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms. Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of XM, it is defective. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one person to another based upon a stolen or accidentally damaged Receiver you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of XM, the Receiver is defective.

·
Registered
306 Posts
TheCrow- thank you for taking the time to gather that information. I'll be sure to post my results once I get into it. Ron

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TheCrow1994 said:
I'm not sure how that's going to work out, but I did find this information on their site. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

9. Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms. Non Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms. Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of XM, it is defective. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one person to another based upon a stolen or accidentally damaged Receiver you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of XM, the Receiver is defective.
That is exactly why they didnt get as much customers. Charge charge charge charge... they charge for everything...

You sould pay ONE service and get it to 2 or 3 radios. And if you pay a lifetime subscription on a car you should be able to transfer it on a new car...

I took the 79$ anual subscription but next year if they still are 200$ i will simply cancel. 100$ is the top amount i'll pay for that type of product... ONE radio only on the car...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone familiar with adding a second car? and the cost of that?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anzac said:
I think here in Canada, it's about 12$/month + your actual subscription.... crazy... It should be free for up to 2 or 3 radios.

·
Registered
365 Posts
anzac said:
I just cancelled mine last winter. We were paying 8.95 plus 1.10 per month for some fee so it was just above $10.00 for the 2nd radio. They keep sending me good deals to come back but I added a usb ported radio to the vette and can keep my collection on hard drive.

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
Tonight, I got a call with an offer for $20 for 5 months. I still didn't bite. They must be hurting for business.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the $20 for 5 months offer but they wouldn't include the Best of Sirius so I also didn't bite.

I imagine iPods must be cutting into their market pretty badly.

If you're listening XM.... I'd give you some of my money, but just give me everything.. don't nickle and dime me in order to get it all. :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
TopRowSeat said:
I got the $20 for 5 months offer but they wouldn't include the Best of Sirius so I also didn't bite.

If you're listening XM.... I'd give you some of my money, but just give me everything.. don't nickle and dime me in order to get it all. :)
What does "Best of Sirius" include ? Is that what the 90 day trial has?

·
Registered
297 Posts
TopRowSeat said:

I agree....give me the Best Of Sirius in that deal and I'll take it. Oh, and throw in NavTraffic & NavWeather. ;D

·
Registered
297 Posts
RNOX said:
What does "Best of Sirius" include ? Is that what the 90 day trial has?
Howard Stern, NFL, NASCAR, Martha Stewart, Playboy, & Sirius College Sports.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts