GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use an XBOX360 as a Video Source for the Rear Entertainment System?
Will the power outlet be able to support the power or with an inverter or can something be used/done?
Any ideas?
Thanks...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I don't see why not, we have the PS3, but I'll attach some graphs that will show you how big an inverter you'll need.

PS3 uses slightly more Watts then X-Box,

Can have the unit in the cargo area in a foam box but make sure it can breathe properly for cooling, or just sitting on the floor behind the center console (for the Terrain anyway)

Tip:
make sure you check the inverter for the surge capacity (in watts) so that your gaming unit will start up without tripping the inverter.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer
I was thinking of getting a 600W inverter just to be safe anyways.
What do you have the PS3 plugged into?
You think it would be ok to sit under 1 of the front seats?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 360 in my avalanche. The power from the rear outlet is not enough to power the unit it will trip the inverter.
I cant remember what the out put is but I had to run the clamps from the batt through the firewall to power the 410 wtt
inverter. Works great I just hit the power button on the inverter after I start my truck and off I go. I dont know if the rear
output on the terrain/nox is the same but I assume it is. Just make sure if you put it under one of the front seats their is
enough ventilation for the 360 and not enough play for it to move around, you dont want to get the red ring of death
or scratch up your games. Another suggestion if you just want to watch movies is get a media player like a WD or
a roku player and a 500gb portable hdd throw all your movies in the hdd and your set. My little one doesnt
make a fuss on the long rides with so many movies, cartoons and what not to watch. But If your just looking to hook
up a gaming system yes its possible.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
lucky19 said:
Another suggestion if you just want to watch movies is get a media player like a WD or
a roku player and a 500gb portable hdd throw all your movies in the hdd and your set. My little one doesnt
make a fuss on the long rides with so many movies, cartoons and what not to watch. But If your just looking to hook
up a gaming system yes its possible.
Good info. there on the inverter, thanks I'll keep that in mind.

And for sure, lots of movies and cartoons is always a good thing , we just load up our 160G ipod and run apple composite AV cables and away we go. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts