GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited!!!
My Hubby took me down to the Dealership today and after a deposit was put down,,, we walked away with a factory order for the new and improved MY12 SLT-2 V6 Terrain.
Though it won't be here till into the new year, I'm ecstatic none the less :banana:

So a farewell to OnxBear is in the near horizon and the new arrival of POLRCUB is of great anticipation!!

[/color]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Congrats POLRCUB!!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Improved? I think not. You should have waited for the MCE next due year and sprung for the rumoured Denali. Or better yet, the improved Cadillac SRX with the 3.6.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Terrain said:
Improved? I think not. You should have waited for the MCE next due year and sprung for the rumoured Denali. Or better yet, the improved Cadillac SRX with the 3.6.
What is an MCE ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
RIT333 said:
What is an MCE ?
mid cycle enhancement

Basically it's the automaker's term for a slight refresh on an existing platform. Usually about halfway through a platform's lifespan so around the 3-year mark. Although these days they seem to be happening on vehicles more often.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wrusprod said:
Congrats POLRCUB!!!!

Well thank you wrusprod!!![/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wrusprod said:
Congrats POLRCUB!!!!
Sorry wrusprod, forgot to mention the long list of new improvements. ;).
Full color Nav screen with Intellink which provides a lot of new options and interfacing for the driver and app interfacing for those with smartphones (to many features to list here)
Deep tint glass is replacing the solar ray tint, new designed steering wheel, front collision alert with lane assist, two new colors, color touch screen radio (replaces the rear view mirror back up camera position)

Gosh there are so many, hope I didn't miss any.

It's going to be so much fun!!![/color]

·
Registered
515 Posts
As an update to the last post, Intellilink will use the 7" screen format, but it does not come with the NAV feature. At this point they are two different radios.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Iliketerrain said:
As an update to the last post, Intellilink will use the 7" screen format, but it does not come with the NAV feature. At this point they are two different radios.
Ahh yes, I should have mentioned that, good catch!

·
Registered
698 Posts
OnxBear said:
Full color Nav screen with Intellink which provides a lot of new options and interfacing for the driver and app interfacing for those with smartphones (to many features to list here)
Deep tint glass is replacing the solar ray tint, new designed steering wheel, front collision alert with lane assist, two new colors, color touch screen radio (replaces the rear view mirror back up camera position)

Gosh there are so many, hope I didn't miss any.
lol obviously you impress easily... was your old nav system not 'full colour'?? And are you sure yours will come with Intellilink? I thought the jury was still out on availability.

Oh, and you forgot to mention the new fish-eye blind spot mirrors! Don't get me wrong... it is great to get a new vehicle but improved the 2012 is not. You still can't get factory HIDs for crying out loud!

New steering wheel? How so?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
OnxBear

Doesn't the '12 gas filler door have a little raised part on it where you are supposed to press to open the door ? Thought I saw one with that.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RIT333 said:
OnxBear

Doesn't the '12 gas filler door have a little raised part on it where you are supposed to press to open the door ? Thought I saw one with that.
Hello Rit! I'm not sure, the dealer here has sold a few of the new and improved MY12's but I have yet to see one up close. I'll keep an eye out for that thought when my new and improved Terrain come in. :thumb: [/color]

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Terrain said:
lol obviously you impress easily... was your old nav system not 'full colour'?? And are you sure yours will come with Intellilink? I thought the jury was still out on availability.

Oh, and you forgot to mention the new fish-eye blind spot mirrors! Don't get me wrong... it is great to get a new vehicle but improved the 2012 is not. You still can't get factory HIDs for crying out loud!

New steering wheel? How so?
I don't think anyone is 'getting you wrong'. In fact..your intentions are coming across quite clear. Not sure just how aware of it you are though. OnxBear has had two new Terrains...and now ordered a third. Being so familar with this vehicle does give her some cred on what she considers obvious improvements. I don't think anyone would order another new Terrain if they weren't just as excited or satisfied as you seem to be with your new Ford.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks IceMan, ttyl[/color]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
RIT333 said:
OnxBear

Yes it does....

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet!!
By this time next week, my much anticipated POLRCUB will be at home. :hyper:[/color]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts