GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Would you get a manual transmision,if it was offered ?

• Total voters
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
tjjkc said:
Just curious if anyone would be interested in getting a manual tranny for a Terrain or Equinox.

I have the 5 speed manual in my 06 HHR,and I think it makes the car more fun to drive..

I also had a 86 GMC full size G Van with factory 4 in the floor......
As these SUVs are marketed for Families in mind, I can't see that happening.
Seniors would certainly not purchase them either.
Not everyone in the Family is a fan of a Manual Transmission especially in large cities with constant stop & go traffic.
The target market for GM would be too limited to justify production costs.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Panoramic PEI said:
As these SUVs are marketed for Families in mind, I can't see that happening.
Seniors would certainly not purchase them either.
Not everyone in the Family is a fan of a Manual Transmission especially in large cities with constant stop & go traffic.
The target market for GM would be too limited to justify production costs.
+1

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
I have thought about possibly getting a Chevy Sonic RS with the available factory upgraded Borla performance exhaust, and 6 speed manual. :banana:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
61cubby said:
Definitely! Would love to have a 6speed with the 3.6 and AWD.
Unfortunately, that will only be a dream.
The 2017 model year, the last year for that body style, is already in production.

For 2018 your choices are reported as:
1.5L Turbo with Auto
2.0L Turbo with Auto/Optional 9 Speed Auto
1.6L Turbo Diesel with Auto

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
rednox301 said:
Unfortunately, that will only be a dream.
The 2017 model year, the last year for that body style, is already in production.
These days almost any manual transmission is only a dream. Market penetration dictates the lack of manuals available. Plus, while being more fun, they usually are not as fast, and less economical. That is a 180 degree shift from previous decades.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Being 60 years old and having driven everything from a KenWorth with a 13 speed truck to a Datsun B210 many years ago I prefer a automatic. That is why I voted for a automatic plus the fact that ten years ago I had my left knee replaced after putting up with this knee for a additional ten years prior. Just give me a automatic and I am happy.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mikeske, you are replying to a very long gone conversation (started in 2010), but I would never go back to a manual unless it was a sportier vehicle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good Lord NO! I have to deal with an 18 speed manual transmission in my semi truck all week long and have for over 5 million miles. I want nothing to do with a manual in my personal vehicles.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I absolutely would take a manual over an auto. More fun to drive, more control over the car and less complicated (less chance for things to go wrong). I have owned five cars with manuals and and now 7 with an auto. The only cars that caused me grief with the transmission were two of the automatic equipped cars.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts