GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Would you Buy another Equinox or Terrain?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but not the V6

• Yes

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not happy with my 2011 SLE2 I4 Terrain. Poor gas mileage and slow acceleration. I am sorry I did not buy another Honda CR-V.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have a 2010 4 cyl. 2 small problems (paint defect - fixed and a squeak). I have had the Nox for 15 months about 9500 miles. I like the Nox but was going to buy a Sorrento until the tranny gave out on my Saturn VUE and GM gave me 5K towards a new car. I do however have no love for GM and see other models from Kia and Hyundai that I prefer. We will be in the market for a new mid size in a couple of years to replace our 2000 Saturn LS1 .. It won't be a GM vehicle

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am very happy with mine. I was torn between the 4cyl and V6. Glad I got the V6! It has enough power and very good fuel mileage. It's comfortable, quiet and has all the cool little features that I appreciate.

I stopped to look at the CRV, the interior was so hideous I didn't even drive it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I owned two 2010 Terrains. The first one was a piece of junk with many small issues. The second was much better but it seemed I loved the vehicle when it was sitting still and hated driving it. It wasn't very comfortable and the ride was terrible.

I am 110% happier with my Edge even though it's not as bank vault quiet as the Terrain (although it's quite close) and the My Ford Touch system is a tad glitchy. The ride quality is worlds away from the Terrains, the seats are soft and very comfortable and it has much more power and is more fuel efficient (AWD) than even my FWD Terrain. Features like Ford Touch, HID headlamps, passive entry, push button start, panoramic roof with power sunshade and power passenger seat make it an all around better vehicle for us.

I'm interested to see what 2013 brings to the twins... Still looking to replace our other vehicle in the next couple of years.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Well..my wife loves her Equinox...but we haven't had a single problem with it in over 7000 miles. 23-24 MPG in city....28+ on the road is bearable..but we hope to do better. I think that it drives smooth ..handles well...and is quite comfortable. However..I don't drive it often..but thought it was very relaxing to drive on our recent trip from midIndiana through the Smoky Mnts. We must of got a cherry...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I love the Terrain, except the I-4 engine...so I would buy again, except WITH the V6.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I still think the Terrain is a home run for GM. I am disappointed by GM's lack of responsiveness in dealing with the I4 issues though I sincerely thank a couple of GM affiliated folks who take the interest and go the extra mile to help: you know who you are and thank you!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I hope to not be in the market for another suv/crossover. But if something happened to my current Equinox then yes I would buy another.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
In a heartbeat - and configured the exact same way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love my new SLT2 V6 AWD. I love the color too although carbon black was not my first choice at the time. I originally wanted Cyber Gray.

Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes I would. However, I would get it in Blue (my original color of choice) and a 2LT instead of the 1LT. So far my 2.4L isn't giving me any trouble so I would go for it again (However that opinion is subject to change depending on if the problems ever surface in my current Nox :p) The 4-cyl engine does seem to be a bit underpowered for the vehicle but it's worth it for the fuel economy, plus I have adapted my driving so it's not an issue for me anyway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would. I love my 2011 Equinox. I would want it exactly the same as it is now, but maybe an LTZ instead. I've got most of the features that I would want that an LTZ has except for the backup sensors I think....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I didn't vote since none of the choices really fit what I would choose. At the time (December 09) the Equinox was the best small SUV for the price...and I think it still is all things considered. Having said that, I don't do brand loyalty or just buy domestics...whatever meets my needs at the time will get the sale.

·
Registered
365 Posts
HELL NO!!!!!!! The only way I would consider it is if they made a deal with Honda or Toyota for V6 engines. I love the V6 honda engine in my Vue. It has plenty of power to tow my 3500# boat and still gets 28 mpg hwy when not towing. My terrain I4 is a joke!!! The power sucks and I get trailblazer type gas mileage with it. :banghead:
GM got my once they won't get me again :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely would buy another Equinox. I traded a 2006 Vue with the Honda 3.5 v6 in December 2009. I have over 25000 miles now. Not one trip back to the dealer. Averaging around 25 mpg in 60% city/heavy traffic. It averages about 3-4 mpg more than the Saturn.
Very solid well put together vehicle and not showing any wear and tear for nearly 2 years of pretty hard use.

Just bought a 2012 Sonata and definitely prefer driving the Equinox. It's a much better vehicle than the Sonata. Some people would call this an apples/oranges comparison but they are really not that much different, except for height. The footprint; length, width, wheelbase are very similar. Also, drivetrains are nearly identical. Both have 2.4 engines with 6 speed auto transmissions.
The only area where the Sonata excels is in acceleration and slightly better fuel mileage, about 3 mpg better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would absolutely buy another Nox. In fact, I wish I could replace my Blazer with a Terrain right now but lack the funds to do so. We are pushing 20k miles since Jan and have had ZERO problems. What a great car!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I did! I had a 2010 Equinox with 25000 miles on it. Went in for an oil change and my salesman asked me if it was time to trade.. I asked what he could do for me. He put me into a 2011 Equinox ( a little better package) for a monthly payment less than I was paying for my 2010. No Brainer for me so I did! And I like it! :thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like my Nox but I wouldnt get another, nothing against the SUV, its been a very good setup so far....

My personal Nox, its the first n/a car I have owned since I was 19 (everything as been supercharged/turbocharged before hand). I would and consider still, of trading in for a Kia Sportage SX (2.0L gDI turbo 260hp, weights 500lbs less, less room, similar features...just more acceleration, and the starts of a tuning community). The V6 Nox is nice, but lacks power, the extra 1500lbs I would rarely never us, as well as the added interior room.

For work...I went with a 2012 Impala, only reason was it comes w/ the HFV6 (300hp 3.6L).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would not hesitate to purchase another Terrain. However by the time I'm in the market for a vehicle again, it'll probably be discontinued :/

dishdude said:
I am very happy with mine. I was torn between the 4cyl and V6. Glad I got the V6! It has enough power and very good fuel mileage. It's comfortable, quiet and has all the cool little features that I appreciate.

I stopped to look at the CRV, the interior was so hideous I didn't even drive it.
I was torn between the I4 and V6 as well, leaning towards the 6. Surprisingly, it was the dealer who pushed me to the 4. He had me test drive both engines, more than once. In fact, the 2nd drive, he asked me to take 3 friends with me, to get a better idea of how each handled slightly loaded. After, he asked me if the price was worth the performance difference between the two, and I ended up going with 4. (I did not want or test drive AWD so I can't say if there is a big difference there.)

One thing that struck me, the first time I drove a Terrain, was just as you say - the little features. Thoughtful touches, and attention to details like interior noise, that you typically didn't see in the past from GM.

I looked at the CRV (being that my last couple of vehicles were civics) but I just couldn't get over the look of it, and the interior fit & finish. I'm sure its got a rock-solid engine, though.

I'd be curious to know how many units GM has pushed on this platform, compared to the number of people with engine issues. Is it a widespread thing?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts