GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am wondering if a 235/55/19 winter tires would fit my terrain Denali 2018. The actual all season tire size is 235/50/19.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just installed my 225/65/17's on my 2019 Denalli. And when taking off the 235/50/19 tires, I was surprised on how little room for expanding there was, especially on the front struts.

Last year Costco accidentally installed tires that were one size out exactly as you are suggesting and I had nothing but problems with rubbing issues. In the end they actually removed the tires at their cost.

Personally I would not do it, however it is your car and your choice.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Hi! I am wondering if a 235/55/19 winter tires would fit my terrain Denali 2018. The actual all season tire size is 235/50/19.
What's the motivation here? Is it tire cost? Is it perceived ride comfort?

It can't be "upsizing" (like it is every other time) ... you're only increasing the wheel size a little bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just installed my 225/65/17's on my 2019 Denalli. And when taking off the 235/50/19 tires, I was surprised on how little room for expanding there was, especially on the front struts.

Last year Costco accidentally installed tires that were one size out exactly as you are suggesting and I had nothing but problems with rubbing issues. In the end they actually removed the tires at their cost.

Personally I would not do it, however it is your car and your choice.

Thank you! Is the first time I am buying winter tires and they are offering me 235/55/19 which I think is a little big and might rub, as you noticed there is very little room. I also have the option for 225/55/19, but I don’t know if they will fit my 19x7.5 rim (probably is to big for the tire).

I have a 40% off voucher in this store, the is why I am trying to stick to what they have available, but if there is no option I will go to another dealer to get the original size 235/50/19.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Measured rim width for a 225 tire is 6-8" with 7" as ideal so the 7.5" would be acceptable. However if you're going with winter tires it is much easier going with a dedicated set of wheels/tires then constantly swapping tires off the factory wheels. Most of what I've seen with people getting winter wheels/tires is going down an inch or two in wheel diameter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts