GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of purchasing a new Equinox, but wondered if it'd be worth the wait for the 2012. I'm going to order an LTZ with the sunroof and navigation system, but my question is, should I wait to order and get a 2012 model? The new Chevy MyLink and Infotainment upgrades look nice, but are they worth the wait till I could get my hands on a new one? ( I can't post links--too new I guess--but go to Chevy's website and it's under the "Stories and Events" section of the "Chevy Runs Deep" tab. If I'm not waiting I'm ordering the '11 on Friday so I hope to have it by early June. I've talked to my salesman and to the people on Chevy.com and the start build date for 2012 Nox/Terrain models is 07/18/2011, so how long would it take for delivery if i waited? I know 6-8 weeks is the average, but I wasn't sure that with the new model year and new production if it'd be slower. If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's a bit like "when do I buy a new computer, if I wait a few months there will be more features and improvements"? If your ready to buy a new vehicle, why wait? Life is short and unexpected things happen. One day we had a healthy 17 year old Grandson, the next day he was gone. Buy the car and enjoy it now is my humble advice.

·
Registered
196 Posts
depends on what your needs are. Do you NEED a vehicle or WANT one? If you need one, obviously get one now...if you just want one and really like the tech stuff then wait.

there really is no answer besides its up to you.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
RIT333 said:
Just found this info on the 2012 model. Seems like 2013 will be the big change.

http://iguida.com/2012-chevrolet-equinox
How can that site call it a "review" if the 2012's haven't even gone into production yet? One thing I found intriguing is they mentioned a "floor mounted shifter with separate gate for manual operation"...hmmm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am waiting personally. I value having the ability to stream music via bluetooth and having the other possibilities with applications in the vehicle. I will probably wait until September to get mine, or I will just inform my dealer of what I want and when it comes in ill pick it up. This way I will be able to possibly do a little bit of negotiating.

If you need a new vehicle get one now. If not, wait a few months and get the updated model with MyLink.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we have three cars, a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis, a 2008 Impala LTZ, and a 2005 Cadillac STS. We were planning on waiting for the 2012 'Nox, but the Mercury's engine actually cracked a cylinder head this week so we went ahead and ordered the 2011. But, with nearly 195,000 on the Merc's odometer, it had a good life, it's just not worth it to fix when it's blue book is $1,300. I ordered a black granite metallic LTZ with sunroof and navigation today, so I should get it in 6-8 weeks! Thanks everyone for the advice. I was planning on waiting, but the engine problem forced the purchase of a new one. Either way, we'll be incredibly happy with the new 'Nox when it arrives!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts