GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I came across a review of the 2010 Equinox which was actually negative! Admittedly, it is on an obscure web site, but I thought I would share it.

http://ca.askmen.com/cars/car/2010-chevrolet-equinox.html

Not only do I disagree with 99% percent of the review, the author has a shockingly poor command of the English language.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Reading all the article comments, it seems that most agree that the review stinks.

One of the worst traits in any reviewer is to have pre-conceived ideas on how a reviewed item should be. Obviously that reviewer will not be working for long.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
May be one of the few "non-positive" reviews of the new Nox...but hardly the worst written I've ever seen. Her comments about the interior make me wonder if she has actually visited the interiors of the direct competition..or maybe she was comparing it to Lexus/Infiniti/Acura/Mercedes/BMW crossover interiors?

·
Registered
125 Posts
The thing about the internet is that you dont need an education in order to spew your opinion everywhere. Dont worry about the review, people have preconceived opinions about GM that will NEVER change. Im a GM guy and I feel the same about Toyota, I was very excited about their recall even though I was saddened that it took a death for people to realize that Toyotas are not built by Gods.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Dave25 said:
The thing about the internet is that you dont need an education in order to spew your opinion everywhere. Dont worry about the review, people have preconceived opinions about GM that will NEVER change. Im a GM guy and I feel the same about Toyota, I was very excited about their recall even though I was saddened that it took a death for people to realize that Toyotas are not built by Gods.
Well this particular reviewer just demonstrated to everyone reading that she shouldn't be doing car reviews. Subjective things like exterior/interior styling are one thing..but flat out getting the facts wrong is not doing the readership service. She says "While it’s a step down from the previous generation’s 3.4-liter V6 with over 200 horsepower," ...which it totally wrong since the previous 3.4 V6 only produced 185hp...a whopping 3 more than the current Ecotec 4cyl. Also, she seems to assume that an AWD model would have improved handling...and while this may be true for wet/snowy conditions, it would tend to have the opposite effect of simply adding more weight for everyday driving. I wonder if she displayed the same "bafflement" in reviews of the CRV, RAV4, Tucson, Escape, Edge, Murano and every other crossover that is FWD in the base form? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts