GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a red Equinox on May 8th from my dealer. Today he sent my a pdf file titled "Orderworkbench", and it shows my order number, along with a TPW date of 6/14. My dealer states he should have it late June/early July.

When I enter my order number into camarotracking, it just says "no notes for this event", and has no other information ????? The status is blank.

Is this normal ?

Kevin

·
Registered
282 Posts
Are you in Canada by any chance? I wanted to track my order through camarotracking, but alas, no luck for Canadians :(.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh ok. Well maybe they just need to update it? I heard that they update every Wednesday, so maybe something will show up for you tomorrow!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Kevin,

As long as you have registered correctly, you will be kept up to date via email once a week. Did you received the regitration confirmation email form camarotracking.com?

Thanks,

Hylton Jorssen
Co-Founder
camarotracking.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hylton-

Yes I did receive the email confrmation, and entered the code, no problem.

I am guessing my dealer used an allocation car for my order, thats why I get a TPW of 6/14.
And since the order is new, no info is available yet on camarotracking ??

Maybe tomorrow....

Kevin

·
Registered
16 Posts
yellolab said:
Hylton-

Yes I did receive the email confrmation, and entered the code, no problem.

I am guessing my dealer used an allocation car for my order, thats why I get a TPW of 6/14.
And since the order is new, no info is available yet on camarotracking ??

Maybe tomorrow....

Kevin

Yes, having a TPW is good news! GM is extremely accurate these days with the TPW (Target Production Week). I just want to point out to all that the TPW date does not mean the actual day the car will be built but the week so it is posible for your car to be built on June 20th. When you see status 3400, your Equinox is actually being built. We'll automatically send you the update anytime the status changes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hylton, thanks for the info !!

Do you know long it actually takes to build the car?

Just curious..

Kevin

·
Registered
16 Posts
yellolab said:
hylton, thanks for the info !!

Do you know long it actually takes to build the car?

Just curious..

Kevin
4 days on average from the time they first start working on the order to the point of driving out of the plant. Sometimes, vehicles fail Quality Control and then spend another day or 2 getting things replaced. I know GM is very serious about quality now and they are not letting anything go out that is less than perfect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK I just checked again, and the info is there as follows:

VIN# N/A ORDER# NWQQ6R Status Date May 18, 2010
Notes: 06/14/2010

COOL !!

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts