GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a request for pic's, so I thought I would post for all to see. These were taken with a cell phone in my garage, so I apologize for the lack of quality.

This is a B&I kit that I got from CarID. I chose this one because it did not require use of the activator pen for installation. I installed a similar kit in my Bonneville and using the pen was sort of a pain. The color is Dark Burlwood...I thought it would go best with the black interior.

Attachments

Reactions: jennerwtx

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the posting!![/color]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks great!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RNOX said:
Got the same kit for my nox. Had one in my 2003 VUE too. B and I is the only way to go (Do not need an activator). I posted pictures a while ago. Not sure where I bought but I shopped around and got free shipping and a coupon code and it was $184.

My pictures:

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1073.15
I guess I will have to take your word for it... ;D...the picks aren't working any more.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Just a footnote to anyone who would be considering ordering the Sherwood 24pc kit from CarId.

The part number 3956-17 which is the rear power point surround on the back side of the center console, will not fit Terrain models that have the rear entertainment system.[/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Got the same kit its been on for over a year and no problems
Excellent pic,

What I don't understand is why the ONYX CarId 29 and 37pc kits for the Equinox include the steering wheel pieces but they don't offer it for the Terrain?? Grrr, its the same steering wheel! [/color]

·
Registered
978 Posts
Tagging for future reference

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
jstpsntym, is that a roll of toilet paper in the cubby hole? To be used after a near miss. LOL

·
Registered
378 Posts
GARYD said:
jstpsntym, is that a roll of toilet paper in the cubby hole? To be used after a near miss. LOL
It looks like wet wipes or cup holder shaped gum package.

·
Registered
977 Posts
jstpsntym said:
I guess I will have to take your word for it... ;D...the picks aren't working any more.
I can see when I click the link and scroll down. The pics are basically the same. I think I mentioned I had the medium kit .. I have the dark kit

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OnxBear said:
What I don't understand is why the ONYX CarId 29 and 37pc kits for the Equinox include the steering wheel pieces but they don't offer it for the Terrain?? Grrr, its the same steering wheel! [/color]
I agree...a little wood grain on the wheel would add some more class to the interior. I would have rather have that than the couple smaller pieces that are applied to the instrument cluster. They aren't that noticable, plus everything around them is obvously plastic, so why put them there anyways.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GARYD said:
WTF?...no, that is gum. I forget the brand, but is is much easier to shake out a piece while you are driving rather than push through a blister pack or unpeel.

·
Registered
481 Posts
OnxBear said:
Excellent pic,

OK I'm a little confused. If the dash of the Equinox and Terrain are the same why do they offer 2 different kits? Wouldn't either work on either on? What am I missing?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone else install a different finish kit? Not a big fan of the brown wood I'd rather have something darker but its hard to get a feel of how it would look from the pictures on there site.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts