GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm new here. According to GM, I won a vehicle and they let me chose whether an Equinox or Terrain (http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/offers/gmc/win-1-of-17/overview?adv=93488).... you know what I chose. Delivery time is 120 days.
They said its just a base model so I upgraded it to the following:

Model: SLT-1
Exterior Colours: Carbon Black Metallic
Interior Colours: Brownstone w/Perforated Leather Seat Inserts
Trailer Towing Package
Front License Plate Mount BC/MB/NB/ON
Power Tilt-Sliding Glass Sunroof w/Express Open
Power Rear Liftgate
Radio: AM/FM w/Rear Seat Entertainment System

I'm currently an owner of cobalt 2.4 and the lease is ending by end of April

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. After sending my specs they will start sending the order tomorrow. I still can't believe I've won. I'm not usually that lucky in contests. I was thinking of requesting an SLT-2 but could not find any difference from SLT-1 since I had opted my options except maybe that the SLT-2 have folded-down mirror

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes its also dangerous to asked some things... Now I have upgraded my model from SLT-1 to SLT-2 and cost me additional 2k :D

Terrain said:
SLT-2 has a full chrome grill, chrome rear fascia, chrome door handles and mirror caps. It also has memory driver's seat (mirrors and radio too), ultra-sonic park assist, a few more ambient LEDs, and the ability to upgrade to 19" chrome wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All in all I have to pay 11k+. The reason i'm holding back is that I was planning to get a chevy orlando next year, I have 3 kids and most of the times family from home country are staying with us too but for sure it's worth it. Thanks SnowItch for your advice. The prize was just a base model originally.

SnowItch said:
2K for a 35k+ vehicle - and you won't regret it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Test drove a Terrain today along with the salesperson and I thought that it's not that responsive so I asked the Sales where is the eco button because i thought that its activated that's why its a little bit slow but we could not find where it is. When we got the the dealer we learned that I was actually driving a 6 cyl... I told the sales person that my caravan is only 192 hp and much heavier but its more quicker considering the 3.0 is more than 250 hp. I didn't push it hard though as we were driving in the city but still I think i made a good choice to go with 2.4 at least I have a reason if its not that responsive.
My observation is based on my experience with both caravan 3.8l and cobalt 2.4l which both are very responsive compared to 3.0l of GM

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have test drive a 2.4 today and surprisingly, I thought its more responsive in acceleration than the 3.0l

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could be true as I push the 2.4 from time to time to get a feel of it. I also read somewhere that the 3.0l problem is the missing low-end torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.