GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sunnyday said:
I have test drive a 2.4 today and surprisingly, I thought its more responsive in acceleration than the 3.0l
sunnyday said:
Test drove a Terrain today along with the salesperson and I thought that it's not that responsive so I asked the Sales where is the eco button because i thought that its activated that's why its a little bit slow but we could not find where it is. When we got the the dealer we learned that I was actually driving a 6 cyl... I told the sales person that my caravan is only 192 hp and much heavier but its more quicker considering the 3.0 is more than 250 hp. I didn't push it hard though as we were driving in the city but still I think i made a good choice to go with 2.4 at least I have a reason if its not that responsive.
My observation is based on my experience with both caravan 3.8l and cobalt 2.4l which both are very responsive compared to 3.0l of GM
The power is there but the throttle must be pressed down fast and firm to get jack rabbit starts.
The response of the throttle makes for a smoother overall ride experience, IMO.
You'll get used to how the vehicle responds in all situations, such as passing.
It is more than sufficient for 90% of owners I'd guess.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sunnyday said:
Could be true as I push the 2.4 from time to time to get a feel of it. I also read somewhere that the 3.0l problem is the missing low-end torque.[/color]
There are some torque curves for both engines posted here.
Search "Octane Gas" (I think) to find the thread.
The torque curve for both engines is very flat from around 1000 RPM to redline.
It may be the gearing and shift points that lead some to believe there is no low end torque.
If you have an Auto, try it in Manual and you'll see what I mean.
;)
You'll find the sweet spot for each gear in no time!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.