GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I'm new here. According to GM, I won a vehicle and they let me chose whether an Equinox or Terrain (http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/offers/gmc/win-1-of-17/overview?adv=93488).... you know what I chose. Delivery time is 120 days.
They said its just a base model so I upgraded it to the following:

Model: SLT-1
Exterior Colours: Carbon Black Metallic
Interior Colours: Brownstone w/Perforated Leather Seat Inserts
Trailer Towing Package
Front License Plate Mount BC/MB/NB/ON
Power Tilt-Sliding Glass Sunroof w/Express Open
Power Rear Liftgate
Radio: AM/FM w/Rear Seat Entertainment System

I'm currently an owner of cobalt 2.4 and the lease is ending by end of April

·
Registered
137 Posts
WOW! and Congratulations!!! Enjoy the forum. There's a ton of great information here and if you look closely a bit of humor....Enjoy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all. After sending my specs they will start sending the order tomorrow. I still can't believe I've won. I'm not usually that lucky in contests. I was thinking of requesting an SLT-2 but could not find any difference from SLT-1 since I had opted my options except maybe that the SLT-2 have folded-down mirror

·
Registered
698 Posts
sunnyday said:
Thank you all. After sending my specs they will start sending the order tomorrow. I still can't believe I've won. I'm not usually that lucky in contests. I was thinking of requesting an SLT-2 but could not find any difference from SLT-1 since I had opted my options except maybe that the SLT-2 have folded-down mirror
SLT-2 has a full chrome grill, chrome rear fascia, chrome door handles and mirror caps. It also has memory driver's seat (mirrors and radio too), ultra-sonic park assist, a few more ambient LEDs, and the ability to upgrade to 19" chrome wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes its also dangerous to asked some things... Now I have upgraded my model from SLT-1 to SLT-2 and cost me additional 2k :D

Terrain said:
SLT-2 has a full chrome grill, chrome rear fascia, chrome door handles and mirror caps. It also has memory driver's seat (mirrors and radio too), ultra-sonic park assist, a few more ambient LEDs, and the ability to upgrade to 19" chrome wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All in all I have to pay 11k+. The reason i'm holding back is that I was planning to get a chevy orlando next year, I have 3 kids and most of the times family from home country are staying with us too but for sure it's worth it. Thanks SnowItch for your advice. The prize was just a base model originally.

SnowItch said:
2K for a 35k+ vehicle - and you won't regret it!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ya'll got me curious about the Chevy Orlando--had to look it up as well. WOW--tell me GM isn't getting it's act together on these new vehicles!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Test drove a Terrain today along with the salesperson and I thought that it's not that responsive so I asked the Sales where is the eco button because i thought that its activated that's why its a little bit slow but we could not find where it is. When we got the the dealer we learned that I was actually driving a 6 cyl... I told the sales person that my caravan is only 192 hp and much heavier but its more quicker considering the 3.0 is more than 250 hp. I didn't push it hard though as we were driving in the city but still I think i made a good choice to go with 2.4 at least I have a reason if its not that responsive.
My observation is based on my experience with both caravan 3.8l and cobalt 2.4l which both are very responsive compared to 3.0l of GM

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have test drive a 2.4 today and surprisingly, I thought its more responsive in acceleration than the 3.0l

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sunnyday said:
I have test drive a 2.4 today and surprisingly, I thought its more responsive in acceleration than the 3.0l
sunnyday said:
Test drove a Terrain today along with the salesperson and I thought that it's not that responsive so I asked the Sales where is the eco button because i thought that its activated that's why its a little bit slow but we could not find where it is. When we got the the dealer we learned that I was actually driving a 6 cyl... I told the sales person that my caravan is only 192 hp and much heavier but its more quicker considering the 3.0 is more than 250 hp. I didn't push it hard though as we were driving in the city but still I think i made a good choice to go with 2.4 at least I have a reason if its not that responsive.
My observation is based on my experience with both caravan 3.8l and cobalt 2.4l which both are very responsive compared to 3.0l of GM
The power is there but the throttle must be pressed down fast and firm to get jack rabbit starts.
The response of the throttle makes for a smoother overall ride experience, IMO.
You'll get used to how the vehicle responds in all situations, such as passing.
It is more than sufficient for 90% of owners I'd guess.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could be true as I push the 2.4 from time to time to get a feel of it. I also read somewhere that the 3.0l problem is the missing low-end torque.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sunnyday said:
Could be true as I push the 2.4 from time to time to get a feel of it. I also read somewhere that the 3.0l problem is the missing low-end torque.[/color]
There are some torque curves for both engines posted here.
Search "Octane Gas" (I think) to find the thread.
The torque curve for both engines is very flat from around 1000 RPM to redline.
It may be the gearing and shift points that lead some to believe there is no low end torque.
If you have an Auto, try it in Manual and you'll see what I mean.
;)
You'll find the sweet spot for each gear in no time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts