GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anybody has run into this but warning you that last I knew the AIR FILTER WIX is making is a little to short on 1 side and will not seal good,if you are a tech going fast tring to make a buck you may not notice this.Funny part is I have talked to filter reps and to some people right at the big office and nothing has changed.(LAST I KNEW) I was telling my story to a filter rep and he said sorry about this problem and for your trouble we will send you free air filter,well the store I buy my parts from checked this new FREE air filter when it came in and they are still made wrong. SO JUST WARNING YOU guys look close or you may miss it !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up an air filter from NAPA and it did not fit properly, the angled side of the filter is not wide enough and leaves room for unfiltered air to leak into the intake. Upon return NAPA said WIX made the NAPA Gold filters and would order me a replacement since the filter that I bought was the first they sold from that location and had been on the shelf for awhile. The replacement filter had the same problem so I just ordered a filter from a different manufacturer online.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I picked up a NAPA 9727 Gold (WIX) engine air filter today and it fits perfectly. Nice filter. The old filter was dirty at 34436 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Thats good that it worked for you :thumb: , not sure if they finally fixed the problem. I had a few buddies told me theirs did not fit, and from reading on the forum it was a widespread problem, but that was a few months back.
I took my Wix one back and just from now on will use only the stock Ac Delco ones.

You can update your findings in my how to thread if you like. I am sure it will help others if thinking about getting a Wix.

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=5408.0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts