GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a GREAT deal on my 2012 LS Equinox, but I'm having a bit of buyers remorse, I wish I'd gotten an LT1. The LTZ is really nice but I bought the Equinox to bring down my monthly payment - I was leasing a 2010 Lexus RX350. There are some things I really miss such as: keyless entry, keyless ignition, automatic hatch. I don't mind the cloth seats and also don't miss the sunroof. Oh well, I'm pretty happy overall. Now if I can increase my gas mileage to 27/28 average I'll be really happy.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
TiggerEsq said:
I got a GREAT deal on my 2012 LS Equinox, but I'm having a bit of buyers remorse, I wish I'd gotten an LT1. The LTZ is really nice but I bought the Equinox to bring down my monthly payment - I was leasing a 2010 Lexus RX350. There are some things I really miss such as: keyless entry, keyless ignition, automatic hatch. I don't mind the cloth seats and also don't miss the sunroof. Oh well, I'm pretty happy overall. Now if I can increase my gas mileage to 27/28 average I'll be really happy.
Even the LTZ will not get you either keyless ignition, or keyless entry - as I understand the definition of keyless entry - no action required - just have the car sense that you are close. Your mileage should go up with time, and summer gas, and warmer weather - just sit tight, and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The LS might seem pretty bare bones compared to the upper trim levels, but the one I looked at before settling on my 2LT was anything but a stripped base model like you used to get in the 80's-90's. Look on the bright side....less gadgets, less to go haywire eventually. :thumb: Also, the ecotec engine takes a while to break in...you should notice your best mileage/power between 5k-10k miles on the clock.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
RIT333 said:
Even the LTZ will not get you either keyless ignition, or keyless entry - as I understand the definition of keyless entry - no action required - just have the car sence that you are close. Your mileage should go up with time, and summer gas, and warmer weather - just sit tight, and enjoy the ride.
On my new 2012 Regal...as long as I have the key fob in my pocket..I can raise the door handle and it unlocks..same with trunk. Exiting the car..there is a button to push on outside driver's door handle to lock all doors. The Regal is also push button start this year..so the key fob never leaves my pocket..unless I want to remote start. Pretty neat really. I imagine that this feature will show up on more new cars soon.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
IceMan said:
On my new 2012 Regal...as long as I have the key fob in my pocket..I can raise the door handle and it unlocks..same with trunk. Exiting the car..there is a button to push on outside driver's door handle to lock all doors. The Regal is also push button start this year..so the key fob never leaves my pocket..unless I want to remote start. Pretty neat really. I imagine that this feature will show up on more new cars soon.
Probably in the "future" you will just tuck a small chip in your wallet, and not even have to carry a key fob. And we'll probably even have electronic mail, instead of letter carriers ! LOL

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
IceMan said:
Oh for sure, Nissan has had this out since 2008.[color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
RIT333 said:
Probably in the "future" you will just tuck a small chip in your wallet, and not even have to carry a key fob. And we'll probably even have electronic mail, instead of letter carriers ! LOL
He-he-he :D[/color]

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
POLRCUB said:
Oh for sure, Nissan has had this out since 2008.[color]
My '92 and '93 Vette both had the feature of locking and unlocking the car with the key fob in my pocket..but had to use the key to start.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The LS may seem a little lacking for conveniences when compared to the LTZ and even the LT1 & LT2, but it's still a well equipped base vehicle even by today's standards. Consider the fact that since they came out in 2010 you get alloy wheels, AC, cruise, tilt, power windows, two-tone interior, a 6 speed, etc.

If you want to see what a stripped base model is, go to a Dodge dealership and look at the base model Journey that they offer in all the ads to bring you into the dealership. It has almost nothing in it and that's why I see almost none of that trim level driving around. Owner's were probably convinced that they should spend several thousands more for one with some decent options once they saw it or if the dealer even had one to look at. Items that are standard on a Equinox LS. I recently needed to rent a minivan to haul people to a judo tournament and they gave me a lower level trim, (higher than a base level) Caravan. While it was a decent vehicle to drive, I really noticed the lack of conveniences and options to the extent that I was wondering how little the base model would actually have. ???

I do see a substantial number of the Equinox LS driving around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of the big reasons I got an Equinox was because of the conveniences the base model came with. I had to have Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the phone. I also really wanted XM radio. Also the two way power seat. You caanot get those things I any other base model small SUV (non-luxury). The VW Tiguan base is manual transmission - I think with the Jeep models too. Now a manual transmission is fun on a turbo charged sports car. Not so fun on the family SUV.

Thanks for the info The gas mileage improving. However I live in warm So. Cal. The AC is on much of the time so we will see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very happy with my 2012 LS base. I test drove an LT1 before purchasing the LS.

Only thing I wish it had was the heated seats BUT would have add to gotten the LT2 for that option. I can also do aftermarket heated seats too.

Everyone is different, enjoy your choice :beer:

Bob, from the hills of Colorado

·
Registered
162 Posts
What is the difference in the seats between LS and 1LT? 1LT says it has "premium" seating, but I couldn't tell the difference between the two when I test drove. Maybe I just didn't pay attention.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nutz1 said:
What is the difference in the seats between LS and 1LT? 1LT says it has "premium" seating, but I couldn't tell the difference between the two when I test drove. Maybe I just didn't pay attention.
Premium cloth in 1LT and higher is a different material with a much finer "weave" pattern. It's supposed to be more comfortable and perhaps more durable. 2LT adds avail. heated option.

LS Standard cloth (Titanium)

1LT & higher Premium cloth (Titanium)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
TiggerEsq said:
Thank you for the feedback, TiggerEsq! Very glad to hear that you're happy overall with your new Equinox. If you ever need assistance, please send me a private message anytime. I'm always happy to assist.

Katie, GM Customer Service
(Filling in for Tricia while she is away for a short time)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts