GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a current website or eBay posting for a wire harness to install Fog Lights with its own switch. Just want to make sure I have the right one. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Problem with the 13 MY and older is the wiring harness was integrated in to the headlights harness I believe. Here is the how to for MY's 13 and older http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=4288.0. Also the BCM had to be reflashed if you did the factory install. The later MY's had a kit that could be purchased from the dealer. I don't think I have seen where someone took a GM kit and adapted to the older MY's but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
river and sand said:
Problem with the 13 MY and older is the wiring harness was integrated in to the headlights harness I believe. Here is the how to for MY's 13 and older http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=4288.0. The later MY's had a kit that could be purchased from the dealer. I don't think I have seen where someone took a GM kit and adapted to the older MY's but I don't see why it couldn't be done.
Thanks river and sand for tons of great info in that thread.
I think you are right about the fogs integrated in the headlight harness.
Did you see in the GM parts link, in my reply, there are two #13 harnesses between the headlight and fog listings.
#22800017 is for headlight harness with fogs.
#22800021 is for headlight harness without fogs.
:cheers:

·
Registered
352 Posts
rednox301 said:
Did you see in the GM parts link, in my reply, there are two #13 harnesses between the headlight and fog listings.
I did after the fact, I was going from memory when I replied. The best bet is to buy an aftermarket harness (I used a Pilot Aux lighting harness), then do your own set up. There was a thread a few years back, the OP had done the entire factory install and then had a reflash. Quite the involved process. Just easier to DYI IMHO. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts