GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here wired their heated seats to turn on with their remote start? I'm good with electrical but I'm having trouble trying to wrap my head around how to activate the heated seat switch when the vehicle is in remote start mode and how the transition between remote start mode and key in ignition mode will effect the switch.

Any input would be appreciated.

The vehicle is an 08 equinox

·
Registered
368 Posts
Are there vehicle configuration settings available? In the current model, I have a setting in the menus displayed at the top of the console stack (radio and HVAC system display) that allows the heated seats to be activated with remote start. Not sure if it's on the 08's though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Spyonkawi said:
Has anyone here wired their heated seats to turn on with their remote start? I'm good with electrical but I'm having trouble trying to wrap my head around how to activate the heated seat switch when the vehicle is in remote start mode and how the transition between remote start mode and key in ignition mode will effect the switch.

Any input would be appreciated.

The vehicle is an 08 equinox
its already integrated with the automate climate control system. I read that in the manual a few weeks ago. However you have to have the climate control set to auto before the car is turned off and when you remote start it senses the temp outside and sets up the car accordingly. its not cold enough in CA for me to confirm this works in the cold.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yep..I set mine to "auto" at night....do a remote start in the morning...let it sit running and go out to a toasty warm car ...seats warm...side mirrors heated too...

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Folks -

He has an '08

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
oops...me too...Glad someone is paying attention!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not meaning to resurrect a dead thread, but didn't see an answer posted, so...

Is your remote starter factory or aftermarket? The short answer to this is usually yes. You can turn the seats on with remote start on older vehicles that are equipped with OBD II. *MOST* aftermarket starters are equipped with an auxiliary output which can be used to activate almost any function that is controlled through the BCM. I currently have three ASTRO START set ups, and have two wired to activate the seats. Viper starts also have the aux feature. I can't answer for a factory remote start, but I can't imagine they are not able to activate the seats. It may not be a factory "approved" function, which means your dealer might not be willing to do it, but I would think most any remote start installer in your area would be dialed into what the factory remote can and can't do...they tap their aftermarket units into the same circuits (or at least that's where they they *should& tap into). If it is in fact an aftermarket unit, any installer in your area will be able to turn that feature on in less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So along the lines of what curt said, if there's a will there is a way. Without a wiring diagram it will be a little difficult because there is a whole mess of wires in there. Plus once you can see the circuit it makes things a little bit safer.

The first step is to check the voltage on the wire from the heated seats when they are turned on. My guess is 12 V, but it's always good to double check. If this is the case, you should just be able to wire this to a 12 V signal of your choice which is only high when the vehicle is in remote start mode. This is where I would want to see the circuit, to make sure the switch is just activating a relay and is in no way sourcing the current. You don't want to just choose the ignition or accessory or something simple because then they will never turn off :)

If you can get a hold of the wiring diagram, send it my way and I'll help get you started.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts