GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the wiper blades and noticed I've never seen blades like this before.
Does anyone know who makes replacement blades or do you have to get them from the dealer.
I haven't had a new car since 2001 so I don't know if these are the new type blades. They slide in instead of snapping on. The rear one looks like the old design though.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
10-4 THANKS

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ehh thanks to what ? Does it miss a post from SnowItch here ? Garyd, do you still have the answer available ? I'm searching for the same info...

·
Registered
830 Posts
If someone knows a place other than the dealer to purchase compatible wiper blades it would be nice. Thank you all.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought the front ones at Advanced Auto Parts back in April when they had a buy one get one 1/2 price. They cost $19.29 ea. so $28.94 for both.
Brand name is Trico NeoForm Beam Blade. One is 19" and the other is 24".

·
Registered
830 Posts
ccharlie said:
I bought the front ones at Advanced Auto Parts back in April when they had a buy one get one 1/2 price. They cost $19.29 ea. so $28.94 for both.
Brand name is Trico NeoForm Beam Blade. One is 19" and the other is 24".
Thank you for you answer ccharlie, i forgot to say that i'm from canada and we doenst seem to have AAP here...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snowitch deleted all his posts. I see that ccharlie has the answer. I'm going to see if there is Advanced Auto near me. Or try the web.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also use the Trico NeoForm Beam Blade on my escalade...which i assume is the same as the nox/terrain (i don't have my equinox yet, still on order)

the trico blade is a direct replacement

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Also, you dont NEED to replace the whole blade. If you can find replacement rubber, they just slide in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If your looking for Trico NeoForm blades in Canada I've seen them in both Napa and Part Source stores.

·
Registered
830 Posts
redneck70 said:
If your looking for Trico NeoForm blades in Canada I've seen them in both Napa and Part Source stores.
Thank you Redneck70

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi! What size should I buy for my Equinox 2010?

I tried buying the NeoForm wiper blades from a Napa store in Canada and they only have the driver side wiper blade (24")

I measured the passenger side wiper blade and it is 17" on mine, but the 17" one don't exist! Should I get a 19" ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I purchased replacement blades from the dealer and they were about $20.00 ea. for the front. The rear was only $7.00. However they were very hard to get. It seems that gm must be making a change and availability is scarce. My dealer had to get one from another dealer.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sont buy Michelin wypers at Costco... they fit but they raise the wyper arm about 1 inch... ugly...

·
Registered
378 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Sont buy Michelin wypers at Costco... they fit but they raise the wyper arm about 1 inch... ugly...
The good year wipers at Costco blow too, they start leaving marks about after a week of use.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I can't talk for the goodyears because here we only have the Michelin one....

seriously i think that they are the same... just differently branded...

georgi55 said:
The good year wipers at Costco blow too, they start leaving marks about after a week of use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would be happy to pay 20 USD each... CAN and USD are about the same right now and the two closest GM dealers to where I live sell the wiper blades for 50 CAD for the 24 inch one and 35 CAD for the other one. Add about 15% taxes on that and you've almost reached 100$ for something that lasted 4 months and that probably won't last any longer...

Anyway, should I get a 19" for passenger side if it's avaible? I'm quite confused, mine is 17" but most place I look say that the Nox 2010 use a 19" ...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
BigBlarg said:
I would be happy to pay 20 USD each... CAN and USD are about the same right now and the two closest GM dealers to where I live sell the wiper blades for 50 CAD for the 24 inch one and 35 CAD for the other one. Add about 15% taxes on that and you've almost reached 100$ for something that lasted 4 months and that probably won't last any longer...

Anyway, should I get a 19" for passenger side if it's avaible? I'm quite confused, mine is 17" but most place I look say that the Nox 2010 use a 19" ...
Doesn't Wal-Mart have these in stock yet?
Thought I saw them for around 12 dollars each Wal-Mart has one of those electronic parts finder that has 2010 Terrain blades listed

·
Registered
80 Posts
Haven't tried the local Wal-Mart. I tried the electronic finder in a Canadian Tire store (who keeps more kind of wiper blades in stock than the Wal-Mart) and the machine said 24" / 19" too...

Funniest part : both GM dealers couldn't tell me what was the size of the passenger wiper blade.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you need to get the size of your wiper then you need to measure it using any tape measure. That's what I'm doing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts