GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer last week and the parts guy said PEAK makes our wipers under the Optix line. Can anyone else confirm? I will never go to the dealer and pay $23 for one wiper. That is absurd. Sams Club carries the peak wipers for $10 each but i am not going to spend $40 on a membership when I have Costco and the guys on ebay don't have 24" ones in stock. I wish I could locate these somewhere for an affordable price.

What are you guys using to make this affordable and look stock?

I saw one place recommend
ANCO Part # C24OE Contour; 24"
Front Left $10.59

ANCO Part # C17OE Contour; 17"
Front Right

·
Registered
194 Posts
I went through a wiper saga in August. I went to three different auto parts stores and tried two different sets one was rain x the was rain eaters or rain gators or some other dumb ass name. Both sucked one smeared the other chattered. By the time I went to the dealer to get a oem set I wasted like three hours, and still paid the high dealer price for the wipers.

I'm a small businessman those three hours were worth more to me then the 20 dollars I saved for all that dicking around on my day off. Never again.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
I went through a wiper saga in August. I went to three different auto parts stores and tried two different sets one was rain x the was rain eaters or rain gators or some other dumb ass name. Both sucked one smeared the other chattered. By the time I went to the dealer to get a oem set I wasted like three hours, and still paid the high dealer price for the wipers.

I'm a small businessman those three hours were worth more to me then the 20 dollars I saved for all that dicking around on my day off. Never again.
How much did you actually pay?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was at the dealer last week for an oil change and tire rotation. They quoted me $55 installed for new wipers. They are fraying on the edges an inch so I passed for now to explore options. On the service ticket they wrote that there were no aftermarket blades available and only OEM. I think they write that to scare customers into not bothering to look for other sources. The dealer says so, so it must be gospel, right? ::)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phantm006 said:
was at dealer yesterday. the quote was $47 for the two. GM only no AC/DELCO

·
Registered
194 Posts
Phantm006 said:
It was less then forty five dollars. The service writer popped them on while I paid for them at the parts counter.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Goodyear Wiper blades at Costco right now are garbage. They don't work on the 24" and they look ugly but will snap in. I think they are the "Assure."

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ended up buying Michelin Stealth with hybrid technology beam blade, whatever that is :p I bought one 17" and two 24" blades so I could take the proper connector out of it for the 17", which did not include the one needed. So I have a spare 24" for next time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trico Flex 17" Wiper Blade Part No. 18-170 passenger side $18.20 amazon
Trico Flex 24" Wiper Blade Part No. 18-240 driver's side $13.80 amazon
trico force 17" Wiper Blade Part No. 25-170 passenger side $16.73 amazon
trico force 24" Wiper Blade Part No. 25-240 driver's side $17.90 amazon
Peak OPTIX 17" Wiper Blade Part No. OTV171 passenger side $10.17 Amazon out of stock
Peak OPTIX 24" Wiper Blade Part No. OTV241 driver's side $11.16 Amazon out of stock
Silblade flex blade 17" Wiper Blade Part No. fb117 passenger side $16.84 amazon
Silblade flex blade 24" Wiper Blade Part No. fb124 driver's side $15.89 amazon

·
Registered
32 Posts
GMJay said:
I ended up buying Michelin Stealth with hybrid technology beam blade, whatever that is :p I bought one 17" and two 24" blades so I could take the proper connector out of it for the 17", which did not include the one needed. So I have a spare 24" for next time.
How do you like these so far? I need to replace mine and there's now way I'm paying nearly $50 at the dealership.

·
Registered
49 Posts
DONT buy Rain-X wipers.. 17in. blade does not come with the PTB connector.. Then the 17in passenger side blade doesnt keep contact with the windshield when in use. Ive used Rain-X on my F-150s for years and are great, but not for the Terrain.. Sad thing is, there is no chatter and works perfectly except the missing spot on the pass. side. What have you guys done about the rear wiper?? Auto Zone said I need to go back to the stealership for that...??

·
Registered
194 Posts
WD80PD said:
DONT buy Rain-X wipers.. 17in. blade does not come with the PTB connector.. Then the 17in passenger side blade doesnt keep contact with the windshield when in use. Ive used Rain-X on my F-150s for years and are great, but not for the Terrain.. Sad thing is, there is no chatter and works perfectly except the missing spot on the pass. side. What have you guys done about the rear wiper?? Auto Zone said I need to go back to the stealership for that...??
I had the same problem with Rain-X too. Rain Eaters sucked worse. For rear wiper the guy at Orileys gave me a basic wiper. It was like 6 bucks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has there ever been a vehicle so hard to replace such a simple item on as the wipers for the Terrain/Equinox?! This is ridiculous.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tribefan said:
Has there ever been a vehicle so hard to replace such a simple item on as the wipers for the Terrain/Equinox?! This is ridiculous.
I'm telling you its not worth the effort just get the oem wipers at the dealership. My they can be gotten online for less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would consider doing that, but the factory wipers on my Terrain, from day 1, worked about as well as any other wiper blades that had been on a vehicle for about 5 years. I couldn't believe how bad they were/are. It would be one thing if the were $40-50 to replace but worked awesome. Then I could justify it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tribefan said:
I would consider doing that, but the factory wipers on my Terrain, from day 1, worked about as well as any other wiper blades that had been on a vehicle for about 5 years. I couldn't believe how bad they were/are. It would be one thing if the were $40-50 to replace but worked awesome. Then I could justify it.
That sucks. I did not realize how bad my two year old set of oem wipers were until I replaced them with a second set. I have been lucky. And now thT I have a 2012 I have to for this issue to work its self out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the wipers i listed above are all supposed to work well based on threads i have read. i have yet to replace mine :) i was leaning towards the silblade.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
its interesting how finding new wipers is.
For my 2010 Traverse- I simply bought a new set of OEM blades from a fellow on the Enclave forum- he didnt need the new set hed bought- I guess he went aftermarket.
For my 07 Impala- I bought a set of blades at Walmart I believe.
For the 08 Lucerne- same thing Wal mart (Bosch Marathon)....

The only good thing I will say- is that on the 3 cars--- taking them off and putting them on was SUPER EASY....
on my 2003 Trailblazer.. back then Pep Boys had $4 replacement blades (rubber only)-- but they were at times a hassle to slide on/off.
Last year- I could not find the blades anymore-- and had to buy the entire blade/rubber combo at wal mart.

Sure seems that blade replacement has become harder to do-- the hard part- finding the right part...

But always easier to replace- a few days or a week BEFORE rain/snow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got mine replaced under warranty for free because after 3200 miles the sounded and wiped terrible. That is so ridiculous for that low of mileage and use! I dunno about the new pair. So far they are getting loud again and streaking.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tribefan said:
How do you like these so far? I need to replace mine and there's now way I'm paying nearly $50 at the dealership.
So far the Michelin Stealth blades are working well. No chatter or noises or streaks. I use Rain-X washer fluid, which probably has some effect on the wipers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts