GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

I have inherited some high quality winter tires of a Buick Enclave. I was under the impression the Enclave and SRX (2009) were based on the same platform - correct me if I am wrong please.

So they were on an Enclave, the size of them are 265/55/R19 - much bigger than the tires I have currently on the SRX. Is there an issue with putting these winters on my SRX and if so, what are the issues? I know it may be a ridiculous question, but I am just trying to understand my options here.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
What year is your SRX ? The current and previous generation SRXs may be brothers, but I think they had a different father.

·
Registered
441 Posts
do you have 19" rims.......?

·
Registered
239 Posts
The Enclave is Lambda platform like the Acadia, Traverse & Outlook, it does not share a platform with either of the SRX generations.
The old SRX is on a version of the platform that the previous generation CTS & STS used, the Sigma platform.
The current SRX is on a tweaked version of the platform that the 'Nox & Terrain are built on, Theta.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The year of the SRX is 2009 and I would buy 19" rims for the tires if it were deemed safe to install these tires onto the SRX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is my understanding that the 19 inch rims would work, but i am not positive. I would go to a local tire shop or warehouse club and ask them. They may also be willing to install them for you for a small fee. I know that our warehouse club will do free rotations for you also. They may be willing to do this if you pay for the initial install. Just a thought.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I owned the Enclave, a first gen SRX and now the 2010, 2nd gen SRX. Tires rims are NOT interchangeable. The large 19" Enclave tires will Not clear the new SRX brakes ,fenders etc.....

Sorry

MM

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just re-read your original post. I mis- read..........2009 was very diff! 2010 is all new. The 19's MIGHT fit. I recall chain clearance very tight from when I owned my 2004 (same chasis etc) Here is a great tool to check tire size vs actual dimensions/speedo effect. I was one of the first to put all 4 same size tires on the earlier SRX, as opposed to diff front and rear sizes from GM. I used the larger REAR size on all 4 corners. Worked great! And I could rotate. Good luck.

MM

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoTireMath.jsp

·
Registered
21 Posts
My brother owns an SRX 09, I'll direct him to discounttires for his winter tire longing. IMO he should have thought of purchasing winter tires before winter and not on the middle of winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts