GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have called several Canadian Tires in the GTA area and they dont seem to have record if ever having the steel rims that would fit my 2011 Equinox. The size is P225/65R17 ......any luck with getting steel rims anywhere else for a good price or should I use a different make/model when speaking with the auto parts department.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
TRy 2010 Buick LaCrosse.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the 225/65 portion doesnt matter for the rim? that is more a measurement for the tire itself?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Eagle710 said:
I guess the 225/65 portion doesnt matter for the rim? that is more a measurement for the tire itself?
Yes it does - it determines what rim width will that tire fit onto.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How come when I go to this website the size shown for the 2010 Equinox which is the same as the label inside my door doesnt compare to the buick lacrosse?

Should I not get the 2010 Buick model?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Eagle710 said:
How come when I go to this website the size shown for the 2010 Equinox which is the same as the label inside my door doesnt compare to the buick lacrosse?

Should I not get the 2010 Buick model?
What is "this Website" ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
www.sizemytires.com

Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure whatever I get works.

Whenever I call CT they ask for Make, model, engine size, etc....cant I just give them my specs eg. 255\65r17?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Eagle710 said:
Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure whatever I get works.
If that is all you want, then you better go with the the OEM wheels. For sure, that will work. Going with the Buick LaCrosse wheels will, most likely, work, but I have never actually done it. Plus it will save you some money. I bought OEM wheels from EBay, and they work. Why not call a Buick and Chevy dealer and find out the size/width/offset/lugnut pattern for both wheels, and if they are the same, then they will fit. If they are different, then they probably won't fit. Saving money requires a little work/research !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am trying to save some money and have done some research but the numbers are slightly off. I was wondering what excat specs someone told CT to get those RIMs. They dont seem to have anything to fit the Equinox in stock. BOLOGNA!

Just wondering if anyone has used those rims and what they need to tell CT to get them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just told Canadian Tire can order special RIMs for $130 or I can go with dealer steel rims which will cost $90. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Eagle710 said:
I was just told Canadian Tire can order special RIMs for $130 or I can go with dealer steel rims which will cost $90. Thoughts?
I'm not a big fan of steelies. Any pictures of the ones from CT ? Personally, it would be worth the $120 extra for the alloys. How about EBay ? I paid about $500 for OEM 17" with TPMS - they were take-offs. Figured I could always use them as a replacement for the orig. wheels in case they get a case of curb-rash.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Eagle710 said:
The $130 rims are also steels rim. So im not sure what to do and no pics.
So, your choice is to pay $130 for steel rims at CT, or $90 from the dealer for steel rims ? What am I missing ? Seems like a no-brainer to me. Or. do you have $120 that you want to throw away ? If so, I'll give you my PayPal account's last 8 digits !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,
first post on this site ;-)
Not to savy on tires. in a nutshell, sister gave me her yokohama geolander i/t snow tires and rims
from her '07 rendezvous . 215/70/16. tried to install on my '11 equinox and found out studs dont
line up and callipers hit. so am i safe to say that the rubber is also no good to me?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
sbart said:
Hey guys,
first post on this site ;-)
Not to savy on tires. in a nutshell, sister gave me her yokohama geolander i/t snow tires and rims
from her '07 rendezvous . 215/70/16. tried to install on my '11 equinox and found out studs dont
line up and callipers hit. so am i safe to say that the rubber is also no good to me?
Yep - they are useless for your Equinox.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts