GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at my local GM dealership a week or so ago for an oil change and while waiting, wandered over to the parts desk to inquire about the cost of winter steel wheels and tires. Guy asked what size wheels were on my Terrain and I said they were the optional 18" brushed aluminum ones, stock are 17" though. He tapped away at his computer and said "Currently, GM has no steel wheels for this vehicle." I said that can't be right, as this vehicle has already been out for 2-3 winters and many other GM's have 17 and 18" wheels, but he kept adamantly insisting that there was nothing available for the Terrain.
Anyone else run into this? What gives? ???

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
robotpepper said:
Was at my local GM dealership a week or so ago for an oil change and while waiting, wandered over to the parts desk to inquire about the cost of winter steel wheels and tires. Guy asked what size wheels were on my Terrain and I said they were the optional 18" brushed aluminum ones, stock are 17" though. He tapped away at his computer and said "Currently, GM has no steel wheels for this vehicle." I said that can't be right, as this vehicle has already been out for 2-3 winters and many other GM's have 17 and 18" wheels, but he kept adamantly insisting that there was nothing available for the Terrain.
Anyone else run into this? What gives? ???
Check out GMPartsDirect.com

2011 - Buick - Lacrosse
Wheel steel

$107 each

Nlot quite a Steal, but they are steel !

·
Registered
682 Posts
Robotpepper I am not sure where you are located but just for info I just bought a set of 17" alloy wheels for the Terrain from Canadian tire for $ 120.00 a wheel that is here in Alberta Canada best price that I was quoted for steel was $ 90.00. I figured for the $ 30.00 a wheel difference I might as well have the nicer looking wheels. Look around you should be able to find something in your area even check out the auto wreckers see if you can find some factory wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I searched around to buy some myself on the internet and found nothing. When my dealership tried to sell me some I was surprised and didnt think they could. But sure enough they put some on my car. They dont look like your average steel rim though they defiantly look unique. My dealer is in Orangeville, Ontario Canada by the way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A good friend of mine is the parts manager at Frost GMC/Cadillac in Brampton Ontario, I will call him up on Monday and see what he recommends. He is a real car guy and always has the answers!

regards,

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!
For some reason the GM dealership had no answers and said no steelies were available but Costco quoted just over $100/wheel for 17's. Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts