GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought black steel rims from gm for my equinox LTZ 17 inch ( the five spoke ones ) I like them, they look nice for winter. But I would like a hub cap not a wheel cover. I asked the dealer but GM does not make them. GM told me that the rim is for a Buick and they make only a wheel cover with the Buick emblem. the hub does not look nice and can rust so I would like to cover the hub. any information out there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Try JC whitney car parts -- just looking at a listing for Hub Caps.... Perhaps you'll find something

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Solution - Get 4 Buick Wheel Covers. Your car will go up in value much more then the cost of the wheel covers.

Seriously, I, also, don't like the looks of black wheels without wheel covers - try EBay.

Just checked EBay - quite a few available, and much more reasonably priced than dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked at a few places but the problem is that I wouldn't know if they would fit, if there not made for that style of wheel. Just to buy wait for shipment and return product is a waste of time and money. So I was hoping that someone out there might have (is there anybody out there) seen or use a hub cap not a wheel cover for this type of wheel. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
fruitman said:
I have looked at a few places but the problem is that I wouldn't know if they would fit, if there not made for that style of wheel. Just to buy wait for shipment and return product is a waste of time and money. So I was hoping that someone out there might have (is there anybody out there) seen or use a hub cap not a wheel cover for this type of wheel. :banghead:
Without pictures of your wheels no one out here knows what type of wheel you have... :thumbdown:

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
fruitman said:
In your definition, what is the difference between a hub cap and a wheel cover ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: Re: winter rims and hub caps

Im gonna guess considering hes talking black steelies, hub cap is just a center cap like on a cop car. Versus a total plastic wheel cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are some pictures of the steel wheels GM part number 9598032A
hub cap cover the center of the wheel and wheel covers cover the whole wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
fruitman said:
IMHO - you need full wheel covers. Will look much better !

·
Registered
432 Posts
i would agree.
That said not sure where you could find the dust plug for those rims. best guess would be get a proper dimension of it and try ebay. Might luck out.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
fruitman said:
SOME NICE BABY MOONS LOL Doesn't look like there is anywhere for a "hubcap" to attach to
looks like your looking at full wheel covers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts