GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
i dont see any reason why not. only restriction would be IMO is, its gotta be the old style metal frame blade. I could be mistaken though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i am so e'fing annoyed at this point with all these wiper manus. i can't find peak where peak says they sell blades. i cant find trico blades where their website says they are and very few if any websites carry these 2 products. :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Then buy RainX or are they not available near you either?

I didn't know and have never seen Peak or Michelin made blades in any stores around me, are they internet only?

·
Registered
361 Posts
GARYD said:
Then buy RainX or are they not available near you either?

I didn't know and have never seen Peak or Michelin made blades in any stores around me, are they internet only?
my research yielded this

Trico Flex 17" Wiper Blade Part No. 18-170 passenger side $18.20 amazon
Trico Flex 24" Wiper Blade Part No. 18-240 driver's side $13.80 amazon
trico force 17" Wiper Blade Part No. 25-170 passenger side $16.73 amazon
trico force 24" Wiper Blade Part No. 25-240 driver's side $17.90 amazon
Peak OPTIX 17" Wiper Blade Part No. OTV171 driver's side $10.17 Amazon out of stock
Peak OPTIX 24" Wiper Blade Part No. OTV241 passenger side $11.16 Amazon out of stock
Silblade flex blade 17" Wiper Blade Part No. fb117 passenger side $16.84 amazon
Silblade flex blade 24" Wiper Blade Part No. fb124 driver's side $15.89 amazon

·
Registered
77 Posts
AMG Eric said:
my research yielded this

Trico Flex 17" Wiper Blade Part No. 18-170 passenger side $18.20 amazon
Trico Flex 24" Wiper Blade Part No. 18-240 driver's side $13.80 amazon
trico force 17" Wiper Blade Part No. 25-170 passenger side $16.73 amazon
trico force 24" Wiper Blade Part No. 25-240 driver's side $17.90 amazon
Peak OPTIX 17" Wiper Blade Part No. OTV171 driver's side $10.17 Amazon out of stock
Peak OPTIX 24" Wiper Blade Part No. OTV241 passenger side $11.16 Amazon out of stock
Silblade flex blade 17" Wiper Blade Part No. fb117 passenger side $16.84 amazon
Silblade flex blade 24" Wiper Blade Part No. fb124 driver's side $15.89 amazon
I think you may have reversed the driver/passenger on the Peak (at least the description)...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hawkeye-08 said:
I think you may have reversed the driver/passenger on the Peak (at least the description)...
Is that why you're "Hawkeye"? ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Is that why you're "Hawkeye"? ;)
lol. i guess he needed post count. :thumb:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I happened upon a youtube video of a mechanic explaining why some wipers "chatter" and skip -- the blade is not perpendicular to the window. As blades sit in the down position for any length of time without being used, they become "bent" to one direction. If you can get them perpendicular to the glass, the chatter and noise usually goes away.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Redhorseridge said:
I happened upon a youtube video of a mechanic explaining why some wipers "chatter" and skip -- the blade is not perpendicular to the window. As blades sit in the down position for any length of time without being used, they become "bent" to one direction. If you can get them perpendicular to the glass, the chatter and noise usually goes away.

Yep - exactly. Wish manufacturers would smarten up and put a elevated-rest for when the wipers are in the park-position - like many cars have for the rear wiper. Then the blades would not get bent, and last quite a bit longer.

Are you listening GM ?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I tried bending my driver's wiper to fix the chattering. It didn't work. Maybe I'll search for that video...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yesterday I put Trico Flex blades onto the front, part numbers 18-240 and 18-170. They installed easily, just had to remove and replace the factory adapter with the one marked "B". That took all of a minute, then the old blades slide off with the press of a button and the new ones slide on. It hasn't rained so it's tough to make any permanent conclusions, but after hitting the windshield washer sprayer a couple times I will say that so far they're TOTALLY silent and streak free. What a difference from the previous crap that came with the car. I haven't tested it at highway speeds yet.

I should note that there's a slight design difference from the OEM blade, in case anybody cares about that sort of thing. The ridge on the OEM blades is toward the rear. Presumably that helps keep the blade on the windshield at speed?? Or maybe it's for looks?? Anyway, the ridge on the Trico Flex is right in the middle. No big deal for me, all I want is that they don't chatter and don't streak. Time will tell.

Oh, I ordered these online at Advance, for in-store pickup. They're currently on sale, plus if you search the net for coupon codes you can find one that knocks $10 off a $30 purchase. Add a few things to your cart and these blades are dirt cheap. In my case I paid a total of $16 for BOTH, after tax. 8)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Today I picked up a set of Trico Flex wipers at Advanced Auto Parts. They're on sale buy one get one half off. The parts numbers are 18-170 and 18-240.

I'm in the car right now on a 8 hour trip to NC. It's lightly raining currently and the wipers are working great, even with tiny amounts of rain on the windshield. No noise, chatter, skipping, streaking, etc. They installed very easily. Time will tell, but they're already better than my stock wipers were the day I took delivery of the vehicle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So far the Trico Flexes are great. Some minor streaking, but they are MUCH better than the stock wipers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ended up here because a year or more ago I'd purchased a pair of Rain-X Latitude blades - the 24" and 17" for our Equinox. Went to put them on and found the PTB Adapter absent in the 17" package.

Went to AutoZone and O'Reilly Auto hoping they'd have a spare adapter in the box of leftovers, but alas no go. O'Reilly had new Latitude blades, but they now come in a different package (the ones I had were curved, the new ones are straight) and of course the bloody adapter is different too.

I called Rain-X at 855-888-1990 and after getting to the right department, the guy knew exactly what I was talking about, took my name and address and at least led me to believe he was writing it directly on an envelope to mail an adapter that he had a supply of on his desk.

The excuse was that they didn't realise that any manufacturer used the 17" blade on a PTB arm - apparently it's only a couple of models of Chevrolet he reckons - so didn't include it.

We'll see.

And next time I'll open both packages before I leave the store to make sure they're going to fit when I eventually get around to putting them on, since I usually buy them when I see a super sale, or a rebate and save them until I need them.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I buy mine at Advanced Auto. They will install them free - AND - they have the adaptors in a box under the counter and will install those also = no charge.
If they don't have a loose one, they will open a new package.

When I replace the blades I take the adaptors off the old blades and keep them in a box in the garage - just in case. :cheers:

141 - 156 of 156 Posts