GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else notice their driver side windshield wiper blade skipping on the way up even when the windshield is completely soaked. It happens pretty much on every up stroke as if the blade is bone dry or the windshield is.

I have already had the passenger side blade replaced after it started to tear apart (well before the 12k mileage mark).

Should I bring this up to the dealership next time I go in?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't know which one it is, but there is a chattering wet or dry. It's like the rubber blade doesn't want to flip over.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I get a lot of chattering and skipping out of my passenger side blade. The drivers side is pretty quiet. Anyone now of replacements. I get tired of turning on my wipers "with caution".

·
Registered
830 Posts
I replaced the passenger side with an oem one that is made by ANCO. Now it's ok but for how long...

I also replaced driver's one by an ARMORALL Edge that is doing a really nice job...

I DONT' understand WHY Wyper makers doenst make their wypers for our car... All the company i found that have the Terrain listed, had the drivers one but not the passenger side... That's very annoying.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperMat64 said:
I replaced the passenger side with an oem one that is made by ANCO. Now it's ok but for how long...

I also replaced driver's one by an ARMORALL Edge that is doing a really nice job...

I DONT' understand WHY Wyper makers doenst make their wypers for our car... All the company i found that have the Terrain listed, had the drivers one but not the passenger side... That's very annoying.
It took over a month for the dealership to just get a replacement for my passenger side one that all but blew up 4 months after getting my Terrain, so it doesn't surprise me that there are no true aftermarket replacements out there yet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered replacement oem replacement blades for my NOX and the passenger side took 3 weeks to get. Dealer had to have it shipped from another dealer. I don't know why GM is having such a problem with blades.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i agree completely with this statement.

sboden said:
By far the worst new car wipers I've had on any of my vehicles.
and why oh why did they have to custom engineer a blade hanger like no other. I love how easy they are to replace but why would i want to replace the stock blades with more stock crappy blades. I have solid chatter on all 3 blades and they are virtually useless in winter if there is any melting on the window, they ice up instantly and are rendered completely useless.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I agree about the design of the front wiper blades.

·
Registered
114 Posts
agreed, I also don't like that you can't pull out the rear wiper arm very far. Not even far enough to get a squeegee under it at a gas station.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No probs/complaints here, so far so good (fingers crossed)... and mine have been taking a beating with all the snow/ice this winter. I agree about the rear wiper though... wish it did extend out.

KANWAR said:
agreed, I also don't like that you can't pull out the rear wiper arm very far. Not even far enough to get a squeegee under it at a gas station.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I was surprised about the rear wiper also. When I was at the dealer before buying the Terrain, I pulled on the wiper thinking it would go all the way out, I felt a click. I think I broke it....unintensionally. I did tell the salesman about it just in case I did break it. He said don't worry about it, everybody does it.
I still think it's a bad design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Basically, I have found through many years that the wiper arm is to blame, it is biased too much one way than the other.
It needs to be neutrally biased to allow the blade to "flip" over when the direction changes.
All I've ever needed to do was twist the arm to create this neutrality.
If the wiper "chatters" on the way up from the hood location, twist the leading edge of the arm down.
This will allow the flip to happen.
The type of arm on the Nox and Terrain is a "U" shape, this makes the twist considerably easier.
The previous types of arms (bayonnet & side pin) were made from a hardened spring steel; which meant you needed tools.
Now, no tools are necessary.
Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a post on this in the technical section. A number of us had the same problem with the wipers, particularly as it got colder out. this style of blade is not new (i had them on my 2008 Outlook) and there are several replacement blades available, I purchased Rain-X blades at a local auto supply store.

The new blades have solved the chatter problem, but now they don't wipe clean at highway speeds. Not sure which problem is worse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We've had the same issues with our driver side wiper ... chattered during cold weather even with a wet windshield ... had dealer replace the wiper, seems to have fix the problem for now. Does Anco make an winter replacement blade for the terrain?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Original Terrain/Nox wypers ARE made Anco... Anco Profile... Same crap.

Bad Dave said:
We've had the same issues with our driver side wiper ... chattered during cold weather even with a wet windshield ... had dealer replace the wiper, seems to have fix the problem for now. Does Anco make an winter replacement blade for the terrain?

·
Banned
43 Posts
Jeremiah said:
I'm hoping this is a joke. But I'm thinking it's not, unfortunately.
Sad, but you're probably right. :(

1 - 20 of 156 Posts