GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just noticed a weird sort of glare in my windshield since getting
my truck yesterday. It almost looks like the haze you would see in a really hot day coming up from the pavement, but it's about halfway up the windshield and sometimes not noticeable. Any ideas? I don't want to clean he windshield as it's quite cold outside and I don't want to run it through the car wash just yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Virtually every new vehicle gets hazing on the interior windows due to "off gassing" of plastic and other materials in your new car. I would hope that's what the condition is. If it's on the exterior of the windshield, that's another matter altogether. And regardless of the weather, WASH the car...WIPE off the window...inside and out and see if it resolves the problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, I'll go get it cleaned in and out and see if that makes a difference!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yup, just the off gassing. We are going to have to clean ours tomorrow as it was pretty bad driving tonight.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
SnowItch said:
So, NY_Joe isn't the only one with a gas problem...
HAHAH

Well, isnt NY_Joe's problem that there is too much gas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never had the gas smell, just the burning plastic smell and 'haze' on the windshield. So hopefully that's all it is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts