GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Terrain after 3 months waiting (HELL YEAHHH) ....and a few days ago I made an appointment (Window Tints) but The Terrain already came with Tints....Im still want to do it .......!! " someone knows what % of Tint is the one that comes already isntalled? ....because the one I want is %35 or %15

·
Registered
48 Posts
pimpollo said:
I just got my Terrain after 3 months waiting (HELL YEAHHH) ....and a few days ago I made an appointment (Window Tints) but The Terrain already came with Tints....Im still want to do it .......!! " someone knows what % of Tint is the one that comes already isntalled? ....because the one I want is %35 or %15
The factory tint is ample on all the windows except for drivers die and passenger front door. I had the dealer hook me up with profesional window tinter. They installed the same color (be careful many cheap tints appear purplish and distort vision) as factory. I had them tint the darkest legal tint allowed in Florida. Check with your respective state! Also ck out my album for my two pics! Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
pimpollo said:
Pimpollo....

If I recall correctly the tints we put on TG's Terrain were 15%, this matched the rest of the Terrain. However it is very important to CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL BY-LAWS; some places are really sticky about tints.

I will post some pic's of her TG's ride for you in here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TGsHubby said:
Pimpollo....

If I recall correctly the tints we put on TG's Terrain were 15%, this matched the rest of the Terrain. However it is very important to CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL BY-LAWS; some places are really sticky about tints.

I will post some pic's of her TG's ride for you in here.

Thanks....thats what I'm want......15% :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am trying to move back to NYS..Incase we do I googled NYS tint law and says 70% of front side windows must let the light?? Thus I assume u can tint them 30%..Any New Yorkers here have their driver and passenger windows tinted?? I want to have mine done but not by Florida Law which is much darker..Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got the wife's Equniox tinted at Ziebart.
The tint allows 17% of light in, which matches the darkness of the rear factory tinted windows. (can't tell difference side by side)

Here is the best part, when the guys doing the installing precut the film to size with his knife, he sliced the chrome trim around the window and the plastic on the passenger mirror. (WOW I'm not happy). Its a minor cut, that I can live with as long as the chrome around the window does not start ot rust.

Back to the tint, it looks good, and I still have to post picture of the vehicle and all the additions.
Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anybody recommend a good brand of tint? I had a guy do my last car, but he ruined my speakers in the doors by soaking them. It's been a while, but I might try it myself if I get the nuggies to do it...

·
Registered
111 Posts
nitti48 said:
I am trying to move back to NYS..Incase we do I googled NYS tint law and says 70% of front side windows must let the light?? Thus I assume u can tint them 30%..Any New Yorkers here have their driver and passenger windows tinted?? I want to have mine done but not by Florida Law which is much darker..Thanks
70% light transmission.......if you do 30%, it's illegal. That is only allowing 30% light transmission. If you do 70% or above, you're basically wasting your money on tint because it will be just like not having tint.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone know the % of the back windows?? 30% has got to be better than what they are now..I want them like the back 2 windows..If I get back to NY and they are more than 30% will take my chances..Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
20% is as close of a match I have seen. I personally wouldnt want any thing darker than that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
pimpollo said:
Hell...yeahh.....I just did mine today....45% front Wind and 15% the rest!!!....Looks Great!! :)
You tinted the factory tinted rear windows 15%????

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Well, I checked the windows in the Terrain last night.

Rear window: 22% +-5%
C-pillar windows: 18% +-5%
Rear passenger doors: 18% +-5%

Says so right on the windows folks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
wow yeah, right there on the window. i never thought to look there, though i did see the little print. :D of course, it looks like my dealer didn't know that either in that he told me they were 35%, and now i find out that the legal limit here in SC is 27% for all windows (from what i read they even apply that to people just driving through, not just residents, which is crazy). just hope they don't pull me over for it, though i can always say that i didn't know! lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
While having the Splash Guards put on I had both the passenger and driver side windows tinted 1 shad lighter than back passenger windows and the strip across the front windshield...$89...I guess they are darker than if I ever get back to NYS but I will take my chances..With the housing market the way it is it will be awhile till we move back there..

Hey Islander I waved to you Friday as we passed Tampa on our way to Clearwater Beach..Love it there

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anybody used the 3M Crystalline window tint on the front doors and windshield?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did double 16 on front, and then one layer of 16 on back over the factory!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sburngasser said:
I did double 16 on front, and then one layer of 16 on back over the factory!!

Looks good! I think the cops would harass me out here in AZ!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts