GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some tires in size p225/50vr17. Are there rims out there that will work with my 2011 equinox?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a tire place and they told me 17" rims would fit if it wasnt an ltz model because the ltz brake essembly needs 19s tto fit it?????

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
upnorth said:
I went to a tire place and they told me 17" rims would fit if it wasnt an ltz model because the ltz brake essembly needs 19s tto fit it?????
Find a new tire place - immediately. All of the Noxs came standard with 17's and the same brake assemblies no matter what size wheels you ordered. :banghead:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So technically i can order steel wheels that fit my 225 50 17 tires tthat have the correct bolt pattern as my nox and i should be good????

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
upnorth said:
So technically i can order steel wheels that fit my 225 50 17 tires tthat have the correct bolt pattern as my nox and i should be good????
Yes - they aren't east to find, though. I think the Lacrosse came standard with steelies on the base model. I would up buying used alloy take-offs from a Nox on Ebay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do they make any suv AT tires for the nox in 19s? I would rather do that if my old snow tires wont fit...i just dont trust the nankooks.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
upnorth said:
Do they make any suv AT tires for the nox in 19s? I would rather do that if my old snow tires wont fit...i just dont trust the nankooks.
Try TireRack.com

·
Registered
10,548 Posts

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
upnorth said:
Will my 17 tires that i listed above fit that rim though?
Not sure - I was thinking you had 60s vs the the stock 65-series, and figured it wouldn't be that different. But going to a 50-series will also through off your speedometer. You're going to have to find out from your tire mfg's website what rim width your tires will fit - or maybe all 225/50-17s fit on the same rim with - no matter which MFG. I would call TireRack and inquire with them - tell them you want to buy rims, for your tires and which rims will fit them. They should be able to help and it is the truth - you do want to buy rims - maybe not theirs, but if the price IS right, they might get your business.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CCalled tirerack, basicaally said wouldnnt fit.

Anyone wan to buy my old snnow tires lol they only have a couple thousand miles on the :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts