GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain SLT 1.5 liter
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Waiting to pick up my 2020 SLT Terrain. Wanted to know if the rubber cargo mat will help with slippage when I have groceries etc in the cargo area. I see there is a web like mesh, but I like the way the gmc mat looks for the cargo area. Don't want the rubber floor mats, to messy here in MI in the winter with all the snow.

Will be back here soon after I pick it up with more questions.

Thank You, Gary

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
The rubber floor mats are great for the winter. Highly tecommemd over carpeted ones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rubber floor mats are great for the winter. Highly tecommemd over carpeted ones.
Thank you for the reply. Don't the rubber ones get a puddle of water after the snow has melted though?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you talking about just the mat or the one that goes up the seat backs too. I have the one that covers the floor as well as the back of the seats. It’s more plastic than rubber so it doesn’t hold stuff hardly at all. I wish they would have molded in some rubber strips to stop things from sliding around. I do love that it also protects the carpet on the back of the seats. I may get the rubber mat to put on top of the plastic liner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about just the mat or the one that goes up the seat backs too. I have the one that covers the floor as well as the back of the seats. It’s more plastic than rubber so it doesn’t hold stuff hardly at all. I wish they would have molded in some rubber strips to stop things from sliding around. I do love that it also protects the carpet on the back of the seats. I may get the rubber mat to put on top of the plastic liner.
I was initially talking about this one that lays in the cargo area

Attachments

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Don't the rubber ones get a puddle of water after the snow has melted though?
We had the GM rubber cargo mat in the rear of our 2015 and it held things in place from sliding pretty well. Not like a cargo net, but enough grip to keep things in place with normal to "now and then" firm braking.
In the upper midwest here. . . . I opted for these. . . Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for GMC Terrain 2018 2019 2020 Custom Fit Car Floor Liners, Kagu Series (1st & 2nd Row, Black): Automotive
They are available from other places. . . just Google them.
I have been using 3D MAXpider mats for +3 years now in 4 GM vehicles and they fit like a glove and curve up the sides of the foot wells nicely containing any road slop.
Not bulky and thinner but as strong as Weathertech or even the GM mats we got with our Equinox and Colorado truck.

I used these and in winter also used my tried and true extras . . . we bought several small tube/rag rugs and put them on top of the 3D MAXspider.
Something like these: - -

When the tube/rag rugs get melted snow/salt on them they soak up a lot. When they become too wet or loaded with debris, we replace with a clean one. . . and shake out the soiled ones and throw in the washing machine for the next time a change is needed. Usually only need to do that once or twice a winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had the GM rubber cargo mat in the rear of our 2015 and it held things in place from sliding pretty well. Not like a cargo net, but enough grip to keep things in place with normal to "now and then" firm braking.
In the upper midwest here. . . . I opted for these. . . Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for GMC Terrain 2018 2019 2020 Custom Fit Car Floor Liners, Kagu Series (1st & 2nd Row, Black): Automotive
They are available from other places. . . just Google them.
I have been using 3D MAXpider mats for +3 years now in 4 GM vehicles and they fit like a glove and curve up the sides of the foot wells nicely containing any road slop.
Not bulky and thinner but as strong as Weathertech or even the GM mats we got with our Equinox and Colorado truck.

I used these and in winter also used my tried and true extras . . . we bought several small tube/rag rugs and put them on top of the 3D MAXspider.
Something like these: - -

When the tube/rag rugs get melted snow/salt on them they soak up a lot. When they become too wet or loaded with debris, we replace with a clean one. . . and shake out the soiled ones and throw in the washing machine for the next time a change is needed. usually only need to do that once or twice a winter.
Thanks, those are really nice. I think for now I'll just get the gmc mat for the cargo area. As for the net, the one I saw just went across the back kinda like a ping pong net with a pocket about a foot high. Is this the cargo net you are referring to? If so how does it help with things moving around side to side in the back area?

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Thanks, those are really nice. I think for now I'll just get the gmc mat for the cargo area. As for the net, the one I saw just went across the back kinda like a ping pong net with a pocket about a foot high. Is this the cargo net you are referring to? If so how does it help with things moving around side to side in the back area?
We had the cargo net in our Equinox as well. Only used occasionally but did come in handy and with the pocket like net it worked well to hold things in place like milk jugs or even a couple bags of groceries.
Not a good thing for bread or soft food items are in bags as they would get mashed a bit.
But the net also worked good to hold any small jug-like containers from home supply stores, etc.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Yes, the rubber mats do hold a puddle of water, but a dry towel wipes it out easier than a wet carpeted mat.

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had the cargo net in our Equinox as well. Only used occasionally but did come in handy and with the pocket like net it worked well to hold things in place like milk jugs or even a couple bags of groceries.
Not a good thing for bread or soft food items are in bags as they would get mashed a bit.
But the net also worked good to hold any small jug-like containers from home supply stores, etc.
Jay, the salesman threw in the net, so with the gmc rubber mat for the cargo area I should be good for now. I am picking it up Friday, the passenger door did not shut right, so that should be an easy fix, had it pull pretty hard on it to shut right.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Jay, the salesman threw in the net, so with the gmc rubber mat for the cargo area I should be good for now. I am picking it up Friday, the passenger door did not shut right, so that should be an easy fix, had it pull pretty hard on it to shut right.
Sounds good. . . You have time to decide on floor mats. But yes, the net and rubber cargo mat . . . was glad to have them and handier than I thought they would be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good. . . You have time to decide on floor mats. But yes, the net and rubber cargo mat . . . was glad to have them and handier than I thought they would be.
Yeah, that's exactly what I am thinking. Once I have it then I'll decide on the floor mats...

·
Registered
236 Posts
So the GMC floor mats are really nice. I think better than weather tech. The cargo one is different and like another user said more plastic feeling. What I did was get a after market cargo net that has 4 clips. I clip two to the back near the hatch on each side and the other two to the back of the seats where you would attach a child seat restraint hook. This works pretty good. Only thing is when you fold the seats you will need to unclip from the hatch or back of seat

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mats that hold water and puddle are the best in snow country. You do not want snow melting into the carpet and creating mold and rust under the carpet.
I've got a mix of GM and Weather tech inside my fleet.

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are two different cargo nets available. One that is vertical that goes side to side and one that is horizontal that spans across the floor of the cargo area. Both are the same price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, Waiting to pick up my 2020 SLT Terrain. Wanted to know if the rubber cargo mat will help with slippage when I have groceries etc in the cargo area. I see there is a web like mesh, but I like the way the gmc mat looks for the cargo area. Don't want the rubber floor mats, to messy here in MI in the winter with all the snow.

Will be back here soon after I pick it up with more questions.

Thank You, Gary
I purchased the GMC molded all weather mats and cargo mat. I strongly recommend, they work great for NY winter's. The cargo mat is kind of anti slip but if you turn, accelerate or brake hard enough cargo will move

·
Registered
73 Posts
I too got the premium GM All Weather mats and in my opinion are more robust then the WeatherTechs I've had in previous vehicles. Plus as an added bonus the rear set can come apart which makes cleaning a little easier. My cargo area liner goes up onto the back seats though. I did modify that a little bit as I separated the floor liner from the seat liners. When the extra liner folds behind the seat it created too much tension and when you would drop the seat backs they would slam down so I just got rid of that material, added more double sided velcro for the seat backs and they lower better and are easier to lift back into place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts