GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain SLT 1.5 liter
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting to pick up my 2020 Terrain, was wondering if my iphone8 will charge at all while plugged into the usb for apple car play?

Thank You, Gary

·
Registered
143 Posts
My Android phone will charge any time that it's plugged into the USB ports in the center stack or inside the center console storage. I haven't tried the USB ports on the back side of the center console. I don't know why an iPhone wouldn't have the same experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Android phone will charge any time that it's plugged into the USB ports in the center stack or inside the center console storage. I haven't tried the USB ports on the back side of the center console. I don't know why an iPhone wouldn't have the same experience.
Thank you Jerry, Yes, I agree it should be the same with an iphone. That was one of my concerns about using apple car play, I know using the gps app's like wazes or google maps run down the battery quick. As long as some power is going to the battery to charge while using apple car play I'll be happy.

Gary

·
Registered
63 Posts
I happen to also have an iPhone8, and yes it does charge while Apple Car Play is running. I've taken a couple of trips while using the Nav function + listening to music (all via the iPhone), and the phone charges up just as fast as when it's doing 'nothing'. No worries :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I happen to also have an iPhone8, and yes it does charge while Apple Car Play is running. I've taken a couple of trips while using the Nav function + listening to music (all via the iPhone), and the phone charges up just as fast as when it's doing 'nothing'. No worries :)
Thank you so much JamesMyBoy. Picking it up tomorrow, definitely will be back on the forum soon. Still have to figure out the Driver Assist pkg & other features. This is my first new car since 2007 :)

Gary

·
Registered
143 Posts
Still have to figure out the Driver Assist pkg & other features. This is my first new car since 2007 :)
I know the feeling. I went from a purchased new '98 Pontiac Trans Sport to my '18 Terrain. All sorts of newfangled stuff to learn. I took to all of the electronics and safety features fairly quickly, but it was the mundane stuff that threw me a curve. I kept reaching for the shifter on the steering column, but never in the center console (though my pre-'98 rides were all floor shift manual transmissions). It took me nearly two weeks to stop reaching into my pocket for the key to unlock the doors. After, then, 46 years of driving, some routines get burned firmly into your brain, and don't want to let go.

Enjoy your new ride. I know that I've been greatly enjoying mine.

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know the feeling. I went from a purchased new '98 Pontiac Trans Sport to my '18 Terrain. All sorts of newfangled stuff to learn. I took to all of the electronics and safety features fairly quickly, but it was the mundane stuff that threw me a curve. I kept reaching for the shifter on the steering column, but never in the center console (though my pre-'98 rides were all floor shift manual transmissions). It took me nearly two weeks to stop reaching into my pocket for the key to unlock the doors. After, then, 46 years of driving, some routines get burned firmly into your brain, and don't want to let go.

Enjoy your new ride. I know that I've been greatly enjoying mine.
LOL. For me it's 57 years of driving. I am 73 & Wanted the 2.0l but my wife said it scared her, no big deal though, I had my share of mussel cars in the late 60's. Feel better knowing guys like you are around. Dealer really did not know a whole lot about all the features. Yeah the shifter is understandable, I just got rid of my 87 T-Bird that had a column shifter & the 07 Taurus has it on the console and I was always doing the same thing.

·
Registered
629 Posts
LOL I can relate. Had a '17 Continental with push button shifter, Equinox and Malibu console shifter and Tahoe with column shifter not to mention decades of work vans with column shifts.
Right arm is all over the place like I've never driven before...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL I can relate. Had a '17 Continental with push button shifter, Equinox and Malibu console shifter and Tahoe with column shifter not to mention decades of work vans with column shifts.
Right arm is all over the place like I've never driven before...
Repairman, now that is hard to beat. Surprisingly enough the stop/start really did not bother me like I thought it would, granted we only test drove it a few times. My nephew actually works on fuel system at GM and he did explain exatly how they were able to get it to work as well as it does. I still wish it had a over ride button, but it is not a deal breaker. Some people refuse to by a car stop/start with out a over ride button. Leaving in a few hour to pick it up....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Repairman, now that is hard to beat. Surprisingly enough the stop/start really did not bother me like I thought it would, granted we only test drove it a few times. My nephew actually works on fuel system at GM and he did explain exatly how they were able to get it to work as well as it does. I still wish it had a over ride button, but it is not a deal breaker. Some people refuse to by a car stop/start with out a over ride button. Leaving in a few hour to pick it up....
Good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
629 Posts
My wife's I phone 8 wirelessly charges in my '20 Traverse with a otter box on it.
Good luck with your new one, 3600 mile on mine now and only complaint is XM stations when they drop out don't come back without changing channels 9 out of 10 times. I'll address that when it goes in for it's free, and final, dealer oil change.
Range start/stop eliminator installed and the only other dislike has been resolved.
Not sure if software is the same across the GM line but I'm sharing my Traverse quirks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts