GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking to buy a set of wheels for the Terrain. Will a 19 or 20" GMC wheel fit the terrain? For example, wheels and tires from a 2010 chevy camaro or a, GMC acadia or even truck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
CRFrizzell said:
was looking to buy a set of wheels for the Terrain. Will a 19 or 20" GMC wheel fit the terrain? For example, wheels and tires from a 2010 chevy camaro or a, GMC acadia or even truck.

Thanks!
They might fit, but maybe not.
For example, we are looking at putting wheel lock nuts on our Terrain (yes we know, if someone wants the wheels bad enough, lock nuts won't stop them), but they are back ordered from GM dealer (we have to buy an entire set of 20 to get 4 lock nuts...!!!...LOL ) and the after market places won't sell us any because they feel there may be a slight difference from other wheel studs, perhaps in thread direction, pitch etc.
A dealer may know best or contact GM directly if you can't get an answer here.
Please let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
10,107 Posts
I seem to remember that they are 5 x 120 with a 40 mm offset, but I don't know the bore. Oddly enough, it seems to me that 2010 Camaro rims will fit. Best to check with TireRack for the Gospel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help... The 2010 Camaro rims are the way I want to go but its hard to get the answer. Let me see what I can find out on it. I think I just have the base 17" wheels nothing fancy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am one of the people that "took" the 19" chrome clad wheels because I didn't want to wait. I am going to get a set of rounded spoke polished wheels from an Envoy, Acadia, etc. The wheel dealer and my mechanic tell me they are a swap as far as boltup. The computer will have to be changed for tire pressure, MPH, etc. Anyone in Ohio, WV, PA tri-state area interseted in swap let me know.

·
Registered
10,107 Posts
I would check with TireRack for fitment. According to them, the Acadia wheels are 6 bolt and yours are 5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I have the nasty 17s and they are def 5 bolt but its the offset that is the issue. I believe the camaros are 6 bolt. I to would like to get Acadia or envoy 20s to put on my Terrain. So many after market wheels just do not look chuny enough like the factory ones.

·
Registered
446 Posts
We love our 17" wheels. Loss of ride quality is not a very good choice IMHO. No matter how good they look.

·
Registered
446 Posts
SnowItch said:
I'd suggest if you like the look, try to do a test drive - you might like them too.
Exactly why we went with 17" wheels ;) The test drive was an eye opener. Drastically different to us.

You also have to consider I live in an area that is well known for bad bad roads. I've had to repair a car from suspension damage due to pot holes, and it had the big wheels and low profile tire walls. Very bad choice for our area.

Keep your eye open on aftermarket, as popular as these vehicles are there will probably be a LOT of 20" wheel choices soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts