GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '16 Equinox LT V6 that I bought a set of aftermarket wheels for. I am planning to get a 2020 Equinox LT next year. Just wondering if the aftermarket wheels will fit the 3rd gen? I would trade the '16 in with it's factory wheels and tires. I like the tires that I have on the aftermarket wheels and would like to use then on my new Nox. next year if possible.

Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I would think the easiest way to find out is to go to a site like TireRack or Discount Tire and check what wheel sizes are compatible with each year.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
The answer is somewhere on this forum. You can search for it. But I’m about 99% certain the answer is “no” - not without great upheaval (like - replacing hubs or doing weird stuff like using “adapters” ... if either of these things are available or possible).

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would think the easiest way to find out is to go to a site like TireRack or Discount Tire and check what wheel sizes are compatible with each year.
It's not just a matter of wheel/tire sizes. As Colt Hero stated, it comes down to hub diameter and lug bolt spacing--and that changed with gen 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts