GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, first post on this site. Not sure if this is the right section to ask, but here goes...

My wife and I are looking to upgrade from her 2007 Equinox 2LT, and right now a new LTZ V6 is the runaway frontrunner. There is nothing wrong with the old one, it has served us very well for what we need it to do and just recently rolled over 50K miles. But, let's face it: it's a slug. And, the front seats pretty much suck. So, we're looking to upgrade to something that does better in both areas. Today, we went and test drove a new one and loved it. It was a Black Granite LTZ with the light titanium interior and nav system. The power is obviously better, and the seats are great. Now we're really considering it, and our dealer is looking for one the way we want it.

So now comes the research part: have there been any major issues with the new body style? I noticed several threads documenting engine oil issues, but they seemed to be mostly focused on the 4-cylinders though. Anything else? How is the real-world fuel economy with the 6? On the '07, the only time we ever reached the 26 mpg highway rating was when we had to drive on a donut (under 65) for 200 miles.

I also need to ask this: are there any known major issues with the old body style? As in, if we decide to keep the '07, will something like the tranny fail at 75K miles? That's something else to factor into the decision.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Since you are generally happy with your 07, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy a new one even more. I learned from reading another forum dedicated to the first gen Nox that most of the major issues were with the 05-06 model years, (leaky rear hatch seals, strut issues etc..) but by 07 most of them were taken care of. The latest gen Nox doesn't share anything in common with the older models except for the basic suspension platform which itself has been revised and refined over the years. Even the gas in the oil issue doesn't affect everyone, (I have a 2010 4cyl that doesn't have issues) and there hasn't been any one single problem that is widespread enough for a massive recall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks. We actually did have a rear hatch seal issue with our '07, but it was a one-time event that hasn't happened again. That and a faulty gas cap were the only reasons it ever went back to the dealer.

We went and looked at the dealer inventory again today, and I think if they can find one the way we want, we're going to do it. That and if they're willing to make a good deal.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am glad to hear about your interest interest in the Equinox. Thank you for your loyalty. Please keep us updated regarding your purchase. Good luck!

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. My wife is signing the paperwork for it right now, since it will be hers. I spent all afternoon "negotiating" the right price :banghead:, but it's a done deal. We're getting a Black Granite LTZ V6 with the nav system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts