GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be having an issue with some of the MP3s on my USB Stick. When I go to play them I don't get any sound from the stereo and the counter just sits at 00:00. These files play just fine on my computer and iPhone, so it seems to be an issue with the Terrain. If I hit the Rec button while it's supposed to be playing, it looks like the stereo copies the file to the internal storage, but it never plays from there either and has the exact same result as it did when I attampeted to play it from the USB Stick. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm not sure, but what's the bit rate on those mp3 files? Are they stereo or mono? Do they have any ID3 tags?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had a look and the bit rate is 320kbps on some and VBR on some others. They're stereo and have ID3 tags (the info is displayed as well). As a side note they play fine on my computer and iPhone.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Any correlation between the bit rate and whether the song plays?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is it because those songs were downloaded from Itunes? Doesn't Apple put some type of "block" so that you can only play you songs on your IPod/IPhone and can't transfer them? That would be my guess.

·
Registered
626 Posts
It won't play ANY Apple-formatted songs, so that may or may not be it. They have to be converted to mp3 to even be recognized by the stereo...not sure it would read the song header and sit at 0:00 or just not see anything at all.

·
Registered
297 Posts
mnussbaum said:
It won't play ANY Apple-formatted songs, so that may or may not be it. They have to be converted to mp3 to even be recognized by the stereo...not sure it would read the song header and sit at 0:00 or just not see anything at all.
I agree. Just highlight each song, right click, and creat an mp3 version of each song. It should work after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts