GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just don't get it.. Why on earth GM decided to start using kPa instead of psi? I mean every other car manufacturer uses the same units.
Its annoying cause that nice gauge I bought is useless unless I have a calculator.. #@^$&!! I just don't get it..
Or maybe is like that if the units are in Metric?? For those folks in the US, what are the units displayed?

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
oracle said:
Hi,
I just don't get it.. Why on earth GM decided to start using kPa instead of psi? I mean every other car manufacturer uses the same units.
Its annoying cause that nice gauge I bought is useless unless I have a calculator.. #@^$&!! I just don't get it..
Or maybe is like that if the units are in Metric?? For those folks in the US, what are the units displayed?

Thanks
Aren't these adjustable to your liking?

·
Registered
239 Posts
It can be changed in the DIC from metric to US and will then display as PSI but eveything will be changed so the speedo will be in MPH, fuel consumption will be in MPG and temps will be in F.

For the guy working on the various hacks, it would be nice to choose between metric & US for individual functions instead of having to change the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yanks have yet to get with the Metric program, it's as simple as that, and it will always be like that. I'm surprised the american terrains don't measure speed in furlongs per fortnight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
scottyyyc--mine does! The other day I went 137 furlongs in 3 fortnights ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts