Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never open it, I just ask the forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read my owners manual pretty much from cover to cover and was wondering how many people even open it. I can't say that I remembered what I read though.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I raed most but I go past a lot of information which I don't need. They go a little overboard with info in some cases

·
Registered
635 Posts
I skim through the whole manual, but must look up things later that I cant recall.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Great little book but doesn't go far enough. The service manual is better.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I found the user guild and the owners manual online and read them a few times before I got my Terrain.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I read an owners manual on anything I buy cover to cover, skipping things that don't affect me. I also have to go back once in a while for specific things that I don't remember....or.....I post on this forum for a quick refresher course. ;D

·
Registered
626 Posts
GARYD said:
I read an owners manual on anything I buy cover to cover, skipping things that don't affect me. I also have to go back once in a while for specific things that I don't remember....or.....I post on this forum for a quick refresher course. ;D
Exactly!!! I thought I was the only one who actually read the manual, it's nice to see how many others do the same. I like to know about all the stuff I paid for. ;D But holy crap, there must be 50 pages on seat belts and child safety seats...I breezed through most of that... :eek:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Great little book but doesn't go far enough. The service manual is better.
Anyone know where to get a 2010 Terrain service manual online, PDF format (like maybe for free LOL)?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Mike, I flip through those sections also. And the sections on USB/Bluetooth/I-Pod/etc. ;D

Gearhead, I'd like to know that too and a parts manual. Getting one Free---I doubt it. ;D
When I first got my Terrain, I tried finding a shop manual. My dealers parts manager said GM doesn't do manuals anymore. They get theirs on DVD's and said for me to try Helm. All I was able to find was one on DVD and cost $450.
I think I remember someone else on here awhile back said something about getting a manual at less cost.

I bought a service manual and parts manual for my Harley for only $125.00

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
GARYD said:
Mike, I flip through those sections also. And the sections on USB/Bluetooth/I-Pod/etc. ;D

Gearhead, I'd like to know that too and a parts manual. Getting one Free---I doubt it. ;D
When I first got my Terrain, I tried finding a shop manual. My dealers parts manager said GM doesn't do manuals anymore. They get theirs on DVD's and said for me to try Helm. All I was able to find was one on DVD and cost $450.[/color]
I think I remember someone else on here awhile back said something about getting a manual at less cost.

I bought a service manual and parts manual for my Harley for only $125.00
$450.00, wow!
Don't need one that bad yet!
I'd pay $250 right now, just for curiosities sake.

Maybe wikileaks will leak one!
:eek: ;D
J/K of course.
Manufacturers put a lot of effort into the technical manuals, they should get compensated IMO.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Helm writes the manuals, they run $150 which I think is reasonable. They're paper. The 2011 is not out yet, I'm on the email list to be notified when they're available.
Click for 2011 Manual[/color]

The 2010 manual is available and in stock now, same price.
Click for 2010 Manual[/color]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Helm writes the manuals, they run $150 which I think is reasonable. They're paper. The 2011 is not out yet, I'm on the email list to be notified when they're available.
Click for 2011 Manual[/color]

The 2010 manual is available and in stock now, same price.
Click for 2010 Manual[/color]
$150 and in stock, now that's more like it!
Thanks mnussbaum.
Contains Factory Authorized Service information written by General Motors. It contains Diagnostic Information and Procedures, Schematics and Routing Diagrams, Component Locator, Repair Instructions, Description and Operation, Specifications, and Special Tools and equipment. Service information on HVAC, Body & Accessories, Restraints, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes, Engine and Transmission/Transaxle.
I'm mostly interested in "Schematics and Routing Diagrams" to add some little lights, receptacles and plugs here an there but will no doubt read the whole thing over time.
Will let you know when it comes in what my thoughts are on the overall package.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
THANKS A LOT, MIKE! Now I'm out another $150. :mad: ..............just kidding. Guess I have to order one now. I wonder if they have a parts manual too. Most parts manuals are just about as informative as service manuals. I know my Harley one is.

Thanks again Mike.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
GARYD said:
THANKS A LOT, MIKE! Now I'm out another $150.[/color] :mad: ..............just kidding. Guess I have to order one now. I wonder if they have a parts manual too. Most parts manuals are just about as informative as service manuals. I know my Harley one is.

Thanks again Mike.
LOL!
That's exactly what I was thinking, but hey, I just spent $530 on the wife's dog (it's her dog whenever there's a problem of course, it's my little terrier when he behaves, LOL) yesterday, so today I treat myself!

·
Registered
626 Posts
GARYD said:
THANKS A LOT, MIKE! Now I'm out another $150. :mad: ..............just kidding. Guess I have to order one now. I wonder if they have a parts manual too. Most parts manuals are just about as informative as service manuals. I know my Harley one is.

Thanks again Mike.
That had me rolling! I know what you mean...I'm looking at $150 for a shop manual, $250 for Husky floor mats and rear cargo mat, $100 or so on chrome door handles...the stuff adds up!

Didn't see a separate parts manual listed. It might (hopefully) be part of the service manual.

You're welcome!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Let me tell you about spending money on a vehicle. My last Harley (03 Ultra) had approximately $10K of chrome accessories, lights and engine/trans updates. I don't think the Terrain/Nox comes even close to that. ;D

My new Harley is going to stay as stock as possible....you never recoup those costs when you trade in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts