GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
bocks said:
My 2010 hasRoof Rail Cross bars. I also have the rear parking assist roof lights.

So neither of those are new for 2011. Just the 2 new colors and the E85 on the V6..

FYI....
The rear park assist lights are removed in 2011 except for the ltz model.

Yes you can have the roof rails cross bars but they are options... maybe they include them now in the 2011.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Signed papers and gave a deposit on July 3 and was told my 2010 ST2 order would be placed as soon as the long weekend was over. A week went by and never heard a word from my dealer, I call and they explain that the 2010 cannot be ordered since production for 2011 is starting. So for their screw up they will order me a 2011 at the same price. Order wasnt placed until July 14 and now im hearing that GM has not accepted the order and that may not be until July 29? Does this sound normal to anyone?? Also, I ordered a 2011 SLT 2 onyx black with black intertior and now I am reading that the onyx black was discontinued? I asked my dealer about this and they said the order was enter fine and that they hadnt heard anything about the color change.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SLC222, I would get my order number from your dealer and track it myself on camarotracking.com if you are in the US. You are right to be concerned about the color, GMC says no GBA- Onyx Black for 2011. Your dealer sounds like they don't have a clue of what they are doing when they ordered a 2010 on July 3 when production was shut down on July 5th. You order was not accepted by GM because your dealer did not have allocation for your order yet. I would have your dealer change the color before he gets allotment for the order. It could delay things more. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
We ordered a 2011 LTZ Equinox on June 7. Crossbars are standard on our LTZ. Our dealer informed us that the 2011 Equinox will not begin production until Aug 2. After reading this thread..we called again today. They informed us again that new build begins Aug 2...and delivery of our new LTZ will be Aug 23-27....unless it is one of the first off the line..then could be somewhat sooner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just checked camarotracking.com and my status says;

July 21, 2010
Notes: No notes for this event

Does anyone know what this means?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Taken from another thread. Your status means "the order has passed GM's edit tables and is a valid "Buildable" order."

Order status codes:
1100 = Preliminary Order (Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order)
2000 = Accepted By GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)
2500 = Preferenced (Order pulled to the production system)
3000 = Accepted By Production Control (Order input into the production system)
3100 = Sequenced (Order sequenced for Production)
3300 = Scheduled For Production (Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle)
3400 = Broadcast (Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together)
3800 = Produced (Order is built and VIN# shows in the Dealer Order system now)
4150 = Invoiced (Order is invoiced to the dealer)
4200 = Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer

·
Registered
10 Posts
I placed my order on April 29th and still haven't received mine. I was told after calling GM's customer service that they found a TPW for the second week of August. My status on camarotracking still says 3000. My first update wasn't even until July 9th! I have driven a Toyota Camry for 20 years and I am starting to wonder why I changed. We thought for sure we would have this vehicle by last weekend to take on vacation and the factory hasn't even started building it yet! Also, the tax base in the area I live in went up 10 weeks after I ordered this car so it is now costing me $400 more because it has taken so long! I get supply and demand, but if GM can't keep up with these orders I think they could at least inform consumers. It would have been nice to get a phone call informing me this order may take longer or to not have been told 8 weeks at the time of purchase! I seriously may have gone with the Equinox which I could have bought off the lot.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Its not GM, its YOUR dealer. They didnt have allocation and your order got placed in the back of the line. Sucks but its the way things work for all manufacturers, in fact, some one even let you order a vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered from a large dealer in my area and from a personal friend who assured me allocation has nothing to do with it when no one has them on their lot. If these cars were sitting on their lot unsold then allocation numbers would matter. I was told they did not exceed their numbers for the month anyway as they still could order 3 more after mine. After reading many posts here I called other dealers in our area and was told the same thing, "If you can't keep them on the lot then allocation numbers don't matter because they have all been sold. It wouldn't make sense for GM to tell dealers you can only order 4 of this model this month when you don't have any sitting on the lot. That is not good business practice!" I was told this by a dealer I did not order from. My dealer is just as frustrated as I am as they have had customers cancell orders because of the length of time it is taking. I may have cancelled also but I was assured I would now be getting a 2011 instead of the 2010 I ordered at their cost, if any. Also, I research cars forever before I decide on one and this vehicle has great reviews!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If you believe that, then fine. I dont. Ive talked to a upfront dealer and what they said mirrors what I said. If you dont have allocation, you cant order. You could have 35 people wanting to order but only have enough allocation for 12 units for that month. It sounds like you were in the very back of the line. Just the way it works, believe it or not. Its been taking around 6-8 weeks ONCE allocation is allotted for the dealer. Until then, you are just in line.

Did you get an order # when you ordered?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife and I work for a Chevrolet dealership. I ordered a 2010 Equinox in mid April. I was told by the sales manager that they would have allocation for my order in one to two weeks. They got allocation after six weeks. It makes no difference if you ordered from a friend, employer or someone you don't know, they are going to tell you what you want to hear, it will be here in six weeks. Yeh right!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Once again, I understand the allocation thing and I don't think my friend would lie to me just to sell a car. Plus, I did receive a call today after some research from GM and was told my car was entered under a different dealer, with an apology. That explains a few things, but still, we are looking at close to 5 months to get a car produced and delivered. That is long by anybody's standards!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just ordered one 7/21/2010 Hopefully it will be here soon. ;D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
kelong said:
Once again, I understand the allocation thing and I don't think my friend would lie to me just to sell a car. Plus, I did receive a call today after some research from GM and was told my car was entered under a different dealer, with an apology. That explains a few things, but still, we are looking at close to 5 months to get a car produced and delivered. That is long by anybody's standards!
See, THAT, makes sense to me. There have been a few people on here that ordered in late Apr/early May and have received their vehicles.

Again, even if they are a friend, they might not know how the allocation works. Ive worked with salesmen who have been with GM for 10 years and they cant explain how it works. Usually the only person who knows the in and outs of the process is the sales manager.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but....Just ordered a '11 nox on Tuesday the 27th...Black 2LT with everything but Nav and rear entertainment system. I was told the same thing as everyone else on here...6-8 Weeks to be delivered. (Production beginning the first week of August, delivery around the second week of September) I also asked the dealer about the allocation thing and was told that "pre-orders" are not subject to a dealers allocation limits. Who knows if this is true, but I really didn't have a choice because all of the 2010 2LT's, set up how I wanted them, were spoken for. (oh well)

·
Registered
282 Posts
fireman591 said:
I just ordered one 7/21/2010 Hopefully it will be here soon. ;D
That's my birthday! Hopefully that will bring some luck your way :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Placed my order on 7/8 and was supposed to hear back from the sales guy after he entered it into the system. At the time he said to expect it around August 23. Just emailed him today to see whats up hopefully its still on schedule...but we all know how that goes! I can't wait the AC in my car is shot. My poor puppies have gotten spoiled riding in my parents Mercedes and Escalade. My one bitch stared at the vent and the look on her face was wtf, its not working...

·
Registered
9 Posts
My order was processed on June 10 which is about 10 weeks. Camerotracking indicated that I had sequence code of 3100. This also indicated that the production would be during the week of Aug 2.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
My equinox was ordered June 7.
Camarotracking has things mixed up on my order..although using correct order number. Shows a Terrain ordered from dealer in Arkansas...rather than an Equinox from Indiana dealer...and still sitting at 1100. However my Chevy dealer called Friday July 30 and informed me that my Equinox would be built this coming week of Aug 2.

21 - 40 of 447 Posts