GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered my 2011 AWD SLT2 I4 on June 10th. On June 17th I received word from my sales rep that my order is in the GM system and the slated week for the build is Aug. 9th. Just wonder how that compares to others who have ordered 2011's?

I am not doing the Camaro Tracking thing, as my rep has been very good so far at informing me of status updates.

I love reading this board during my long summer wait....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exact same boat as you. I don't have any ETA on the build date however. I am hoping to have the vehicle for the beach trip Labor Day weekend, but who knows. Also, the A/C no longer works in my car and it has been ridiculously hot.

UPDATE: Your post made me call and they were able to confirm that the order went through, but still no ETA. I think the salesman dislikes me.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Even if you do have a salesperson that updates you, I still highly recommend using camarotracking. Its so easy and really exciting to get those emails.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ScarletSpeedstr said:
Exact same boat as you. I don't have any ETA on the build date however. I am hoping to have the vehicle for the beach trip Labor Day weekend, but who knows. Also, the A/C no longer works in my car and it has been ridiculously hot.

UPDATE: Your post made me call and they were able to confirm that the order went through, but still no ETA. I think the salesman dislikes me.
ScarletSpeeder, I hear you on the vacation thing. I have a road trip planned the end of August and would love not to put the miles on my trade in which has not been appraised yet. Good luck to you.

bballr4567 said:
Even if you do have a salesperson that updates you, I still highly recommend using camarotracking. Its so easy and really exciting to get those emails.
Thank you bballr4567. I think I may take your advice and get my order number. Also, I ordered the Merlot Jewel as well - my departure from a life of black and silver cars....kind of a bold move, but I think I will be OK ;-) Do you like yours?

·
Registered
196 Posts
ugh...i just got my 2010 nox and here you guys are talking about your 2011!

enjoy them when you get them!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Merlot is one of the best colors in the GM color book. When its sunny out the color changes from a bright red to a dark maroon. Its simply beautiful even when dirty!

·
Registered
19 Posts
2011 production starts on July 16. I would register on camarotracking.com. I look forward to the Wednesday updates and don't have to call my dealer.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Is there any benefit to ordering a 2011 versus getting a 2010? Looking at the changes for the Nox in 2011...there really doesn't seem to be any other than the 3.0 V6 getting rated for flex-fuel, and maybe something really minor that I missed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GM hasn't released pricing on 2011 Noxes or Terrains yet, but you can bet they will go up. LS has more standard equipment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
NoobNox said:
Is there any benefit to ordering a 2011 versus getting a 2010? Looking at the changes for the Nox in 2011...there really doesn't seem to be any other than the 3.0 V6 getting rated for flex-fuel, and maybe something really minor that I missed.
The question to ask is whether or not you could even still find a 2010 to your specs! It's too late to order one and there aren't many unclaimed ones sill on the lots.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, I didn't know they were taking orders already! Good to know tho. Tried to get put an order in for a 2010 and they weren't takin any and the sales guy is clueless about the 2011's...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, the wait is now killing me! I was in no hurry when I ordered it, but as the time gets closer I cannot wait...

NoobNox said:
The reason I ordered a 2011 vs. a 2010 was indeed for lack of selection. I only buy a car about every 4 yrs....so it had to be exactly what I wanted. I guess I should check to see if the 2011 pricing is out yet. The dealer told me on average the sticker reflects about a 3% increase for new models...not sure how true that is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello All,

New to the forum but been reading for a couple of weeks now. I have an Equinox LTZ 2011 in Black Granit Metallic on order since mid June. Contacted my dealer last week and he confirmed that my Equinox should be built and available in the first week of August.

From what I have read so far, the only differences with the 2010 model are as follow:
• Two new colors
• E85 compatible for the V6 (I ordered the I4)
• Rear parking assist roof lights only available on the LTZ – not sure about this one
• Now included Roof Rail Cross Bars (from what I understood in the Gm 2011 catalogue)

Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Martin

·
Registered
63 Posts
martdesr said:
Contacted my dealer last week and he confirmed that my Equinox should be built and available in the first week of August.
Given my luck, that's when my Terrain will be available too. Precisely the week I am away on vacation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
martdesr said:
Hello All,

New to the forum but been reading for a couple of weeks now. I have an Equinox LTZ 2011 in Black Granit Metallic on order since mid June. Contacted my dealer last week and he confirmed that my Equinox should be built and available in the first week of August.

From what I have read so far, the only differences with the 2010 model are as follow:
• Two new colors
• E85 compatible for the V6 (I ordered the I4)
• Rear parking assist roof lights only available on the LTZ – not sure about this one
• Now included Roof Rail Cross Bars (from what I understood in the Gm 2011 catalogue)

Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Martin
My 2010 hasRoof Rail Cross bars. I also have the rear parking assist roof lights.

So neither of those are new for 2011. Just the 2 new colors and the E85 on the V6..

FYI....

1 - 20 of 447 Posts