·
Registered
10,170 Posts
But maybe that started out as a white denali. Lol

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Don't think I didn't think that :D
From what I knew having worked in a GM plant, the tricoat process is just that. So the color of inner door frames, under the hood fender edges, etc, is likely the base white on top of the ELPO primer. Then the pearl type coat and clear coat are applied afterwords only on the exterior surfaces that can be normally seen. At least, that is how the process used to be.
Other cars we've owned and our current Acadia are the same and have a base colored paint without the two other top coats.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
So I got the call today and they will do nothing for me until the 3 year/36k bumper to bumper is up.At that point they said they will give me a $3,000.00 coupon to use for a new GM suv/car/truck....but....when I asked for it in writing he said they could not do that, I again asked why I could not get a cal from the CEO and it was like I put a curse on his mother !!! ....Listen I know I am not getting **** from them but now I will just be the pain in their asses they can't seem to shake.I told him that his hard work was falling very short of being good work and I want to speak to his supervisor ...Now know that my wife worked in many departments in NewsWeek and when someone said that to her or anyone else they just gave it to the person next to them so.....Monday or Tuesday will just be another jerk off session and I will just climb up another notch to talk to someone else.
Next week I am going to my old Honda dealer to see what they will give me as a trade in on a 2020 or 2021 CRC Touring or a Pilot Touring. It will be funny if they offer me more than the ****ty GMC dealer is. Barlow in Manahawkin NJ ,,,stay away from them !.....The saga continues next week.

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
The waiting for warranty to run out makes no sense to me anyways. Anyone have any ideas ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I told him, why wait until the Terrain is worth less ? If you say you will give me 3K then.....what's the difference if you give me 3K now ? This way a dealer will have a Terrain to resell to a color blind fool that still has 2 years of warranty on it !

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Well..... I got the call today from this last guy Dan's supervisor Ken and he did not know everything that had been going on so I was more than happy to enlighten him and he actually sounded like he cared and he did say would see if he could get GMC to give me a 3 to 4K goodwill coupon towards a new 2020 or 2021 GMC Terrain Denali that is a color that all the panels match ! He said he would like to bring back the good feeling of buying a "new" car and that for being a long time GM customer he will do everything he can. Hey, I'm not holding my breath but....baby steps here. I also told him that I think I should be able to in this case to speak to the CEO in case this next level turns me down.
So, I should hear from him next week he said and I did tell him that if this works out I would NOT want to go to Barlow Buick/GMC in Manahawkin NJ.
Wish me luck.

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
You must be doing drugs if you honestly think thst Mary would spend any time at all discussing your issue. But, i hope i am wrong, however I highly doubt it.

Reactions: Grum.man

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
You must be doing drugs if you honestly think thst Mary would spend any time at all discussing your issue. But, i hope i am wrong, however I highly doubt it.
Mary has always been pretty good about customer concerns.

Maye I'll mention this at lunch next week. :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Well they called again and said they can't give me a 3 to 4K $ coupon until 3 year 36k is up....makes no sense but they are going to do more research (lol) and get back to me next week ....again ! I think they will do nothing but at this point I will keep being annoying until they tell me to F off . but....never say never !

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Can you sell the coupon ?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The warranty thing kind of makes sense in a round about way. They are probably figuring that your current vehicle is covered under a full warranty for 3yr/36K miles, so the customer is fully covered by GM for anything that could go wrong. As soon as the warranty is up, they will provide you with a coupon for $3,000-$4,000 off on a new vehicle. You use the coupon and you are then in a new GM vehicle with another 3yr/36K mile warranty. Essentially keeping you as a GM customer and giving you the "perceived" value of having vehicles with full warranty coverage for 6 straight years.

Ask them if the coupon can be stacked on top of all other manufacturer incentives that would be available at the time of purchase. If it can be stacked, and GM is offering one of their typical $5,000 rebates at the time, you could be looking at up to $9,000 off (plus any dealer discounts) a new one 3 years down the road. If they tell you the coupon could not be used with any other rebates or incentives, then that isn't a satisfactory concession at all. Also ask them if it has to be used on a GMC Terrain or if it could be used on any GM vehicle, and also how long after the coupon is given to you must it be used...does it have an expiration date once issued?

You also want to get all of this in writing because companies tend to "forget" offers like this.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Haha...I asked for it in writing and they will not do it...also a friend of mine did stack his with other offers and it was allowed. I told this guy Ken that I am asking for it now so I could get another GMC ! Not asking for it and then go to Ford or Honda,what sense does that make ??
And if they would do it not a dealer would have a "used" 2020 with a factory warranty which would make it more attractive to a potential buyer I think. All my previous Blazer lease return purchases had a factory warranty left on them which made my decision easier to buy. I told him what they are doing is waiting until my trade in value is even less then it is now making a coupon from them then worth less ! A GMC dealer here has a great body shop and they said they could repaing and match it all for $2,000.00 to $2,500.00 which is cheaper and they refuse to do that....

·
Registered
290 Posts
GM probably doesn't care about the warranty on the current one in terms of current resale. They can simply sell it as a GM Certified pre-owned vehicle if you trade it in 3 years down the road. They will give it the 12mo/12K mile bumper to bumper warranty and the 6yr/100K mile certified powertrain coverage.

Not getting the coupon offer in writing is the deal breaker and makes it an empty promise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I agree, I told him ...how do I know you or the others are going to be there in 2 years ? Then I have to hear ...Ken who ? Dan who ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
So....the saga continues....Daniel called me today ( he is #3 person put back in line by Ken who was #4 ) and he told me again that GM will do nothing for me but....(there's always a but right ? lol ) so he tells me that GM will send me an email saying that when the 3yr/36k is up that I am entitled to a customer loyalty coupon ! So I asked him for how much? 3k,4k 5k ??? I mean after 14 GM cars I think I proved loyalty ........silence......he says "I don't know" so I told him that he needs to go back and ask a grownup there to give me an answer,then get back to me and I'll see if it's something i will accept. Remember I vowed if nothing else I will be a pain in their ass. I also sent the CEO another email just to see if it gets by to someone else because again I am being told now there is no one else above Ken !
After Daniel asked me if I had any other questions I told him "none that you want to hear...or would be able to answer" he tells me he will get back to me Friday or sometimes next week. Listen I know I will get nothing but I will say that they always do call me back.....Until next week .

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
This is better than soaps on TV ! Keep us posted with the next episode.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Maybe you should get your car "wrapped" with a custom message advertising your displeasure with the mis-matched paint.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts