GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I didn’t really see anything there implying they were going to do anything other than contact you. I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Have you contacted the BBB yet?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Not yet, I want to take it one at a time....no he didn't make any promises but I was surprised within 24 hours I got someone to call me.....I'm ok with baby steps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Well Friday has come and gone and no call as promised.....I will wait until Tuesday and then start my calls again in hopes something will be done in my favor.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I think Mary barra is on vacation. LOL

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Here’s an idea that’ll get Mary’s attention: send her a Denali cake with mismatched white frosting!

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I don't think she would notice the mismatch.

Reactions: Colt Hero

·
Registered
3,562 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Duplicate Post ... deleted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I got the call and he told me he was still contacting the district manager to see if they can get the dealer where I bought it to "get me into" a Terrain Denali I will be happy with....if not they will try at the other two dealers I mentioned to them.....So there still seems to be some hope !

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Progress !

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
As long as they are all in the right direction. I will admit that i never thought you would get this far. Hope you cross the goal line.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Thanks,but when the consumer advocotes manager talked with me and did not really seem to care at all about what I had to say I asked her.....who can I speak to above you ? And she said....no one....then I knew I had to go to the top and work down instead or a slow climb up. This person seems like he wants to do something so again....lets hope.
I have been very polite,you know bees...honey lol....but I did ask him...why do you continue to offer paint colors that GM can't match ?

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Excellent question ! What was his answer ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
lololol well he said that he would have to ask the engineers to see if it was a "design thing" ......all I could say was....really ? But again I don't want to piss anyone off just now.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Design... LOL

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Design ?
. . . Maybe like "Design On A Dime" ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
yeah, 3 different shades of the same color on the car is a stretch at it being a "design" lol
Want to know something else they charge you more for....when you open the doors and hood, the white you see is the summit white color !

·
Registered
262 Posts
Inside the door and under the hood may just be the base coat (without the pearl additive and the clear coat). I can see where there would be significant cost savings for GM to only put the full tri-coat treatment on the exterior panels and not under the hood or inside door frames/jambs. Some manufacturers charge way more than $1,000 for their premium exterior colors.

I am not defending them, but I have seen some really disappointing paint work by manufacturers. Most recently on a new 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee I was looking at. There were black globs of dried paint on the back bumper of a velvet red unit. Should have never passed QC, but somehow it did and made it to a dealer's lot. Have also seen noticeable variances on bumpers on new 2020 Nissan Muranos.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts