GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Keep it up. They are negligent if they just ignore you. When ot shows up in your pictures like it does, then you can easily demo it to the higher decision makers. It is a shame that they are willing to let you just walk away. Very short sighted. Makes me glad that i went with the Crystal red tintcoat, instead of waiting for a Pearl White.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well he called today and GMC is going to do Nothing for me ! The American public agreed to bail them out when they needed help and me......they couldn't care less. Well this will be my last GM ! I know it won't affect them and they know that too but I will take every opportunity I can to bad mouth them to anyone I know thinking of buying one.
The american public did not agree it was the Obama administration. GM wanted Bk but Obama had to appease the UAW.

·
Registered
238 Posts
A good dealer would work to get it repainted. I have seen even mercedes and BMW with plastic bumpers that don't match. Certain colors will be hard to match unless they are painted at the same time the rest of the car is painted.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I'm thinking GM views this paint "issue" as subjective because they've got to have Inspectors at the end of the lines who run through a checklist of "fit and finish" items, and paint has to be right at the top of that list. Either they're not checking for matching paint, or the Inspector screwed up but GM won't admit it.

So it's up to the buyer to catch it, then decide if they care or not. Heck, you might even be able to get the paint charge thrown out before buying the vehicle!

OP - would you have still bought the vehicle if they'd cut the price another $1,000 at the dealership for the mis-matching paint?

You know, my son texted me yesterday saying he got back home from a full day of work to find his freezer door open. He said he was in a rush getting out in the morning and slammed it shut. Well, it apparently bounced back open, but not enough to spoil any of the food inside (fortunately). All I could say to him was, "you gotta be more careful. Slow down. Observe. Be more deliberate. Make a checklist if you have to. Save yourself the aggravation later"

Reactions: ReptileKeeperDenali

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
They brought this Terrain in from another state so after leaving a deposit....it was mine period. They will not transport cars like that for you just to see. I never ever had a problem like this with paint before so I never even thought that it could be an issue ! If it was at the dealer and I saw it first .....no I would not have taken it. And no if they cut the price I would not have taken it either.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
GMC refuses to do anything for me.....3 years free oil changes and tire rotation or $500.00 worth of crap I don't need.But they will not give me the $500.00 lol.
I will continue to see who is in a higher position to talk to. Dealer up north got a new one in same color same mismatch paint.....why do they seem to think this is acceptable ?
I want to find out if I can talk to the CEO......I if nothing else will continue to be a pain in their ass.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I was gonna say ... do some online searches, find all the white units on dealer lots, then try to find one with paint that matches. That’s the dealer you take your vehicle to to argue the paint problem.

But if Corporate already knows about you, maybe even that wouldn’t work?

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can try contacting the BBB to see
If they will help. The uphill battle you face is the fact that you didn’t notice it until a day or two later so they will argue it must not be that bad.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I like Colt's idea. Buy maybe if you just stick with your selling dealer, uou can convince them to switch bumpers if you find one that matches your body paint. I convinced a vw dealer to do that with a hood. They kept trying to repaint it, and finally switched with another that was on their lot.
But that was decades ago

·
Registered
198 Posts
There was a paint blemish in the door of the Terrain I had. They swapped the door off another one while I waited.

·
Registered
262 Posts
No, the issue is what I described in post # 67....if anyone has any ideas who I can contact please let me know.
Mary T. Barra
Chairman & CEO
300 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48243
(313) 556-5000
[email protected]

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Good luck with your phone call. I am sure that Mary will be sitting by the phone waiting to hear from one of her many millions of customers.

But, please report back how you make out. Maybe others will learn from your success.

·
Registered
262 Posts
From what I have seen posted online, her office is pretty responsive to customer inquiries. The reply may not be from Mary herself, but there is usually a reply.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Yeah, I don't expect her to be sitting by the phone or even read her emails before they are screened so I decided to send a very nice email laying out how everything happened and praising her customer advocate Kevin. I told her again using very nice language how disappointed I was in GMC and the dealer for not doing much to help and what would make me, a 12 time GM owner happy....and get into another 2020 Terrain Denali again,just a color where the paint matches.
Well lets see what happens.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Well I heard back already from this person..sounded like he will try to make me happy....we'll see
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your vehicle concerns with us today at the General Motors Executive Office. I have a scheduled follow up with you to touch base on Friday, August 28, 2020.

If at any point you need to get a hold of me, my contact information is listed below.

XXXXX
Your GMC Executive Resolution Liaison

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Fantastic. Hope they provide more than a rattle can of touch up paint. LOL

I am impressed with the quick response.

61 - 80 of 123 Posts