GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Which USB Flash Drive?

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kd123 
#1 ·
I just received my new Quicksilver 2011 Terrain and am loving it so far!!! I am wanting to transfer my Itunes library over to a flash drive to use with the USB port. Please tell me which flash drive you are using and what size.

#2 ·
Supposedly they all should work. BUT, I've had trouble with a ScanDisk thumb drive.

I got a different drive from Wal-mart and it worked fine. Can't recall the brand and there's nothing on the drive itself.

#3 ·
arholmes said:
I just received my new Quicksilver 2011 Terrain and am loving it so far!!! I am wanting to transfer my Itunes library over to a flash drive to use with the USB port. Please tell me which flash drive you are using and what size.
One of the other posters on the forum tried transferring his Itunes library over to a stick and the vehicle wouldn't recognize it. He thought maybe he had a bad stick so I suggested he just copy a couple of MP3 files from some other source and try it again. He reported back that it worked fine doing it that way. I've been told that the MP3s from Itunes may be protected so that you can't copy them to other devices. I don't know first hand because I don't use Itunes.

#4 ·
A followup to my last post regarding iTunes:

Converting a protected iTunes file to mp3

I downloaded my first song from iTunes today. I always thought that the songs you downloaded would be yours to play where you wanted; just like owning the single but without the physical disc and sleeve. Then I realised that the file was in fact in m4p format, which meant it was a protected file. This would not have been a big deal except for the fact that I had downloaded the song for my Mum, who wanted to listen to it on a standard CD on her stereo.

Luckily that’s where JHymn comes in. This small program converts protected m4p or m4b audio files to either standard iTunes m4a files or, better again, mp3 files. It claims to convert the files without any loss in quality and the end result sounded pretty good to me. Well, as good as you could expect a Simon Webbe song to sound! :)

#7 ·
I was having issues with my PNY 8GB jump drive where it wouldn't read it randomly. I switched over to my 4GB Kensington jump drive and have had no issues at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.