• 2LT / SLT-1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LTZ / SLT-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Choose the SLT1. In my particular case, I was not interested in the sun roof, memory passenger seat, and the Nav system. ( I'm not sure if Nav is standard on the SLT2, regardless, didn't want that option)

·
Registered
698 Posts
RSchleder said:
Choose the SLT1. In my particular case, I was not interested in the sun roof, memory passenger seat, and the Nav system. ( I'm not sure if Nav is standard on the SLT2, regardless, didn't want that option)
No, navigation is a standalone feature on SLT-1 and 2... same as the RSE.

SLT-2 comes standard with...
- sunroof
- power liftgate
- memory DRIVER'S seat and mirrors (no power/memory passenger on any of these vehicles)
- extra chrome on the outside (grille, door handles, mirror caps, rear trim piece, roof rail insert)
- ability to order the 19" chromes (in Canada - in the US I think you can get the 19s on everything but the SLE-1)
- a few more ambient lights on the interior
- ultra-sonic rear park assist.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So on the SLT-2 Terrain the sunroof is standard?...or do you just mean "Available"

I got a 2011 loaded Equinox LTZ and the sunroof was an additional $1095. The Nav (which I didn't get) is a $3200 option.

You would think on a loaded LTZ things like the sunroof would be standard. I'd like to compare the US and Canadian brochures to see if there are any big differences. I'm sure the US would get better packages.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes, sunroof is standard on Terrain SLT-2s.

Edit... and the nav is $3,345 option... yikes.

Naturally I'm biased, but I would think that a loaded Terrain should be better appointed than a loaded Chevrolet of any name.

·
Registered
297 Posts
LTZ trim level.

With sunroof and navigation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bought the Equinox, went with the LT 1 pkg........wanted fog lights.......heated mirrors...........roof rack.........and premin interiour.....Mocha Metallic , Jet black interiour

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't need Nav because I have Garmin & also OnStar.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Should of broke up the trim levels to get more accurate info as the SLE2 and 1LT really dont match up feature for feature but I guess they are close enough.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the SLE-2

I wanted the SLT-2 but didn't want to wait the 2 months to have it made, when I noticed the minor differences between the 2 models I decided they weren't worth the wait

·
Registered
378 Posts
Went with LTZ; this was my first new car ever (after s/o's in July) and when we got hers, I really regretted not getting the higher end model with all the extra features for $3000 more. I did not want to feel the same way with the equinox so I went all out and got LTZ with sunroof and 18 in wheels. Debated about Nav but $2000 extra was too much. I also considered 2LT with Nav instead which would have made cost about the same but I figured I preferred to have the extra LTZ features like memory seat, parking assist, leather, power liftgate and chrome package ratther than not having those and having Nav.

·
Registered
86 Posts
georgi55 said:
Went with LTZ; this was my first new car ever (after s/o's in July) and when we got hers, I really regretted not getting the higher end model with all the extra features for $3000 more. I did not want to feel the same way with the equinox so I went all out and got LTZ with sunroof and 18 in wheels. Debated about Nav but $2000 extra was too much. I also considered 2LT with Nav instead which would have made cost about the same but I figured I preferred to have the extra LTZ features like memory seat, parking assist, leather, power liftgate and chrome package ratther than not having those and having Nav.
You can get all those options with the 2LT as well. They just come standard with the LTZ. I was debating this as well. The Dealer talked me out of the LTZ....The only things you cant get in a 2LT are Halogen Headlamps, Memory Seats, 19'' chrome clad wheels and tires. None of those were a big deal to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What dumb, dumb buys the 2LT and upgrades the individual features, like leather seats, power liftgate, chrome package, ect...ect...By the time you pay for a few of these extra accessories the price pretty much comes out the same anyway...only you've been shorted the memory seats, projector lights and a few other goodies.

Now the only thing that would exclude you from being dumb, dumb is if you actually prefered fabric over leather. You can't get fabric seats on the LTZ. I prefer leather but feel your pain....GM should offer fabric on the LTZ's. But I also understand GM's point of view that they don't want to "Cheapen" the LTZ trim level

·
Registered
378 Posts
coreyp said:
You can get all those options with the 2LT as well. They just come standard with the LTZ. I was debating this as well. The Dealer talked me out of the LTZ....The only things you cant get in a 2LT are Halogen Headlamps, Memory Seats, 19'' chrome clad wheels and tires. None of those were a big deal to me.
No you can't get memory seat, parking assist, or projector style headlights on LT2, you have to get the LTZ. For me those options were pretty important and I wanted leather. By the time I added leather, liftgate, chrome, and cargo package to LT2, the price difference was $115 savings compared to LTZ and I still would not have gotten those 3 options.

Edit: Also you get additional interior lights with LTZ that you can't add onto LT2.

Remember guys, there is no wrong choice, the correct choice is the one you like and/or can affod. As long as you are happy why does it matter what others have? :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: Re: Which Trim Level Did You Choose for your NOX/Terrain

I think that memory seats is the only feature I don't have on the 2LT that I wish I did...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On the LTZ you also get the ambient lighting on the interior door handles and door storage pockets...I think you also get the interior lighting down under the dash at your feet because others with lower trim levels complained about not having that.

With the memory seats it is also linked to your key remote. So when the wife unlocks the with her remote everything goes to her position. My positions with my key remote.

Also the cargo convenience package used to be an option on all trim levels (around $400 CDN), for 2011 on the LTZ you now get the roof rack rails, cargo net and cargo security shade.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mmarges said:
What dumb, dumb buys the 2LT and upgrades the individual features, like leather seats, power liftgate, chrome package, ect...ect...By the time you pay for a few of these extra accessories the price pretty much comes out the same anyway...only you've been shorted the memory seats, projector lights and a few other goodies.

Now the only thing that would exclude you from being dumb, dumb is if you actually prefered fabric over leather. You can't get fabric seats on the LTZ. I prefer leather but feel your pain....GM should offer fabric on the LTZ's. But I also understand GM's point of view that they don't want to "Cheapen" the LTZ trim level

Well I dont know what good it is to call people dumb for their choices, but some people only want half to 3/4 of the options that come with the LTZ. In my case, I could care less about the chrome package, lighting, headlamps, memory seats, and back up assist. (My backup assist is the camera system, isn't that really all you need?) It may have only saved me a couple hundred bucks, but I guess that was my choice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
mmarges said:
Also the cargo convenience package used to be an option on all trim levels (around $400 CDN), for 2011 on the LTZ you now get the roof rack rails, cargo net and cargo security shade.
FYI not the case for US - 2010 Equinox LTZ still came with cargo convinience package.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Really, you would figure that since the MSRP's in Canada on average are 20% higher across the board that they would at least still include the same features and accessories as the US models, not strip them down.

I guess GM figured that they were sticking it to us enough by having us pay for loaded LTZ's what their US customers pay for Cadillac SRX's and figured to finally throw in the Cargo Convenience package to help bridge the gap...got news for you GM, the US/CDN dollar being close to parity has been here for 3 years now and is pretty much here for good so adjust your US/CDN prices to be more equal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts