GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

When you change your Terrain/Equinox motor oil, which do you use or plan on using?

• Penzoil Platinum Synthetic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penzoil Ultra Synthetic

• Royal Purple Synthetic

• Havoline Synthetic

• Kendall Synthetic

• Castrol Synthetic Blend

• Conventional Petroleum Based

• Whatever Dealer/Shop Provides

• Unsure

• Total voters
181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Some stores will print you a 'rebate' receipt if you ask.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Re:

toddmeister said:
Yeah I hope they don't screw me on this, too. We will see. Rebate slip said limit two 5 qt jugs per address.
Yeah - it's definitely (2) 5-qt jugs per address. If you bought more than (2) and sent them to the same address, forget it. They won't give it to you.

I'm going to do two separate submissions because I'm sure they'll try to tell me because they're on ONE submission they're considered ONE purchase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Castrol Synthetic Blend- High Millage paired with a Fram Tough Guard Oil Filter
Did the oil change myself, Equinox 2005 AWD with 110,000 miles.
3 months later, I added a small shot of oil to top up to the correct level on the dip stick.
The oil still appears to be very clean, my gas millage improved. Average 26 MPG Highway/ 18 MPG City

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What's scary in that poll, is 22 people have no idea what oil they have in their car. :facepalm:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Since it is getting to be very cold out, I have switched over to Mobil1 0w-30 oil like I do every winter. It is a great oil, and it is Dexos approved! Otherwise in the summer I run Mobil1 5w-30, the 0w-30 is hard to get that time of year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
GARYD said:
What's scary in that poll, is 22 people have no idea what oil they have in their car. :facepalm:
Some Lube places have no idea what oil they are putting in the customer's car either. :thumbdown:
That could be the explanation for the 22 people in the poll. :confused:

·
Registered
341 Posts
My guess is those people just let the dealer or a quick lube place change their oil. They probably figure these places know what they are doing so they don't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Dexos rated syn/blend or full synthetic is specified oil for the newer Direct Injection engines.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts