GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
People all have different tastes. I wish people wouldn't start threads like this. Only a matter of time until this thread turns ugly. It's obvious that if you bought a Nox you prefer it. If you bought a Terrain you prefer it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
RNOX said:
People all have different tastes. I wish people wouldn't start threads like this. Only a matter of time until this thread turns ugly. It's obvious that if you bought a Nox you prefer it. If you bought a Terrain you prefer it.
I agree, this question is quite subjective and has no right or wrong answer. It's not like any of us will be talked into changing our tastes on which one we like better.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
equinox2 said:
For what it's worth, I don't "love" the back of Equinox either, it looks too much like HHR, but when given the option between the 2 I still prefer the Equinox.
To me it's almost a dead ringer for the Mini.. http://www.miniusa.com/#/learn/FACTS_FEATURES_SPECS/Top_Features-m you can use the slider bar below the pic to get a rear view. The general shape of the bumper, tailights and the short chrome bar above the license plate holder....not to mention the rear window/wiper. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
RNOX said:
Could not agree more. Seems that many things can start ugliness in threads. ie. Stating that you are surpised that a vehicle with this price tag does not have a certain feature....this turns into people stating because I do things this way, that feature is not needed etc etc. And then it goes on and on from there. :)

Back to the topic: Originally I started out to get the Nox, and then saw the Terrain and preferred it. So that's what I got.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Well..We just decided to go ahead and get the slickest looking CUV on the market. Best color..options and everything. We found it compliments our movie star good looks...tasteful wardrobe...superb intellect...and outstanding personalities. With that in mind...how in the world could we settle for less... ;) :-*

·
Registered
378 Posts
RNOX said:
What's more interesting is that we are all so passionate about our choice that we get upset if someone points out why they don't like something - this kind a shows how much we love our cars, be it Terrain, Equinox or SRX and it means GM did something right. I didn't care a bit when people commented about my Impala - it was just a comfortable daily driver. My Equinox on the other hand is my baby and those who bad mouth it cannot go to heaven ;D ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
equinox2 said:
What's more interesting is that we are all so passionate about our choice that we get upset if someone points out why they don't like something - this kind a shows how much we love our cars, be it Terrain, Equinox or SRX and it means GM did something right. I didn't care a bit when people commented about my Impala - it was just a comfortable daily driver. My Equinox on the other hand is my baby and those who bad mouth it cannot go to heaven ;D ;)
Smart post! Right, if we are all here, we love what GM has done. They're all great autos in different ways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TopRowSeat said:
I like the Terrain, but then again I also like the look of the Honda Element... so I may not be the best judge. :D
TOP ROW I feel the same as you. I was prepared to buy an Element SC but my wife thought it was ugly and my friends and relatives were against buying foreign so I relented and bought a Terrain. So far, 3400 mi. later I'm happy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don B said:
I didn't like the fenders or the front end on the terrain, so went with the Nox.
Basically the same reason we went with the Equinox.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Liked them both but thought the Nox looked better all the way around so we bought it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm looking at both now as a replacement for my DD. I like the Terrain because of the rear door design. The price of both are approximately the same and the Terrain has more standard features. But both, currently, have too high a suggested retail price.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Old Lar said:
But both, currently, have too high a suggested retail price.
You can easily get $1000~$1500 of MSRP. When you compare to competition like Escape or Rav4 and the design/quality/up-to-date model, Equinox/Terrain are a steal.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hmmm.. Let me think about this.... Lol... Oh yea, I like the Terrain better, hence that's why i bought it. IMO I think the 'nox looks too much like a squished up mini van, not for my taste buds. I like it to be aggressive & mean looking. I think the front of the Terrain looks like a 'bear' cub. Hence the name 'OnxBear'.... Keep in mind that that is just MY opinion.

Cheers . . . [/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Nukedog said:
The Terrain is a pretty sharp vehicle. Nox is a soccer mom vehicle..
He-he, that's funny sorry. ;) [/color]

·
Registered
378 Posts
OnxBear said:
He-he, that's funny sorry. ;) [/color]
Or just trying to push buttons by being a jerk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts