GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tire pressure gauge took a drop this weekend and I need a replacement. Any suggestions where I could find a nice 2 1/2" 0-60psi gauge at? My local auto store didn't have anything of quality.

·
Registered
715 Posts
http://www.getagauge.com/index.cfm

Some of the digital gauges are accurate but there's no guarantee of that considering the cheap price they are dropping too these days.
I'd AT LEAST get one of these and use it as a reference gauge. Check any other gauges with this one every so often.

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1 on this gauge. Bought one a month ago and love it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I thought I would bring this back to LIFE. For years, I have been using the old style slide out read out tire gauge by Milton and today can be had for under $10.00. Metal construction and they make numerous models. They work perfectly and keep one in each vehicle. Never had a tire wear issue by keeping all tires at 36-40. Fronts are usually 38-40 with my Milton tire gauge depending if summer or snow season. With all the changes in temperature over the course of a month, I try and average it out. What is it, for every 5 degree temperature change, PSI will change 1 pound? It is not that I am driving hwy every day and putting on 100+ miles, but normally in town driving and short 30 mile trips every once in a while. I might check my tires once a month....long story short. We put on 15K miles a year and 5K is on vacation trips. Just a $10.00 gauge works for me. How about you?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The Miltons are fine and reliable but today the electronic ones used in racing are very very accurate and most are of the best quality.

Summit Racing offer a wide selection of electronic gauges that will give reading well under a pound. Most also have bleed valves too that make it easy to adjust the presures.

I use my Milton on my hose real on the ceiling to fill the tire but I use the longacre to adjust to the proper levels.

Note the racing ones are much like what you see the tire techs in NASCAR use. Cheaper ones are good and the better ones come with options and even lighted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Re: Where to buy accurate tire gauge

Long acre or rebco, I use these on my racer and we set to 1/4. May be over kill for the wives car though:p

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Re: Re: Where to buy accurate tire gauge

Dd said:
Long acre or rebco, I use these on my racer and we set to 1/4. May be over kill for the wives car though:p
There are no over kill tools. Just cool tools. :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
I wish I could be a race car drive in a race car in a real race!! :woot: :dancing:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
teetertotter said:
I wish I could be a race car drive in a race car in a real race!! :woot: :dancing:
Been there and done that. It is is easy once you get the money figured out. Just bring lots of it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
hyperv6 said:
Been there and done that. It is is easy once you get the money figured out. Just bring lots of it.
My main worry would be what tire gauge to use and at what temp to gauge it at for 180mph speed! Apparently my Milton slide gauge would not work???? :banghead:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
teetertotter said:
My main worry would be what tire gauge to use and at what temp to gauge it at for 180mph speed! Apparently my Milton slide gauge would not work???? :banghead:
Trying to get your stagger right for the off ramp again ar n't you. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Brought up tire gauges in another forum, because I didnt rely or trust the TPMS for low pressure. I manually check my tires. Got some guff over it. Glad to see, Im not the only one that uses them.

·
Registered
850 Posts
In re-examining, the best tire gauge is the OEM electronic car DIC. :binky:

Why would I need to spend $50.00+ for an expensive tire gauge when the car has a $500.00 tire sensor monitoring system?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts